“Great Location and delicious! ”
Review of Locklears - CLOSED

Locklears
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Locklear's Beach City Grill is a must for those who love amazing views, fabulous seafood, frosty drinks and a great time. Located on the Folly Beach pier, we offer a laid back casual dining experience with daily specials and a full bar.
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is right in the pier! The service was great, the prices were reasonable and the food was phenomenal! I had the crab bene and it was perfect! The kids ordered off of the kids menu and we're happy with their meals! We will definitely be back on our next visit!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The food was nasty. I was waiting more than 30 minute. The waitress (Mary) was so aggressive for tip and keep asking do you want the change back. I did not have refill when my drink was out and she did not check from time to time. Too expensive for the hamburger restaurant. I would rather have a burger king cheaper and taste better. Never come back again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Mistake to go for dinner. I actually had this restaurant confused with another at Wrightsville beach. Service was poor from our young girl, but to be fair to the establishment, I did notice the mature guys hustled and gave much better attention. DO NOT get the crab soup. I don't know how this is award winning, it's gloppy and not very appealing. Go downtown to Virginia's if you want award winning She Crab soup! My dish was the stuffed trout. Trout was touted to be fresh from local fish market, lightly fried outside, very well deboned. Stuffing was horrible, and I scrapped it off. Mahi was dry, probably frozen, not fresh. Not more than 20 minutes later I was stomach ill, and it lasted until mid following day.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

After nearly a week in Folly Beach and eating at several restaurants, we finally found the diamond. Loggerheads is in the Folly Beach Pier. When we first arrived, we were yet again disappointed as the decor is lacking and looks like a 60's diner. We chose outdoor seating and the weather was perfect. We ordered the Mama's Peach Lemonade by the pitcher to share. It was great! That started us off right. My husband loved the Goat Cheese Sandwich. I ordered a special which was a Blackened Ribeye with Buffalo Oysters, mashed potatoes and a veggie medley (squash and onions in a white wine sauce). The food was stellar. The first bite I took was of the veggies. They were melt in your mouth. Everything continued to get better and better. All four of us loved our meals. After a week of not so great Folly food, this is by far the best food we have had all week. 3 pitchers and a hefty bill later, we left very satisfied and we thoroughly enjoyed our double date night. We may have to visit again tomorrow night.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our multi-generational group had dinner here on Father's Day. The appetizers: calamari, hush puppies and fried green tomatoes arrived piping hot and delicious. Main dishes: fried shrimp, broiled flounder, crab legs and fried scallops were equally good. The red rice served with some entrees was cold. We ordered extra crispy fries instead. Good choice. Sean, our server, was conscientious and attentive. Wine list not impressive. The decor was relaxing and beachy and the view of the ocean and Folly Pier most impressive.