“Very Good meal, Great Service”

The Wagon Wheel Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Fort Lawn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Columbia, South Carolina
“Very Good meal, Great Service”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We met a friend here for supper on a whim, but it turned out to be very good. The wife ordered a NY Strip which she said was delicious and perfectly cooked. I had the grilled pork chops of which they loaded 3 onto the plate. Naturally we had to try the fried squash and it was terrific. The salad bar was fresh and had sufficient offerings for a really nice salad. The only drawback was they do not take debit or credit cards. They do have an ATM but I was not going to pay a fee for that. I did not notice a sign saying as such when we entered, but it might have been there

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank slick01

York, South Carolina
“Good home cooking. With MONSTER portions”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We hesitated on this one for quite a while....we had a few people tell us it was good, but the reviews were a little "all over the place"......oh, all of the meals I could have had here!!!
The fried squash was incredible (& a huge, cheap appetizer).
After seeing several reviews that called the salad bar GREAT, I was a little disappointed in what I saw, but let me tell you, what it lacked in variety (which was certainly adequate) it made up for in quality and freshness.
Oh yes my friends, we will be back and often!!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tiny6ft10
“Great out of the way place”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Very fresh salad bar, yeast rolls, and fried squash are my favorites. Although many people find their steaks great as well.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dbgraham
“Mediocore food and service.”
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

The menu here was a bit confusing. They had daily lunch specials, but for dinner you could also order anything that was left over from lunch. The dinner menu didn't have too many choices. The fried squash is great. I was a little scared of the salad bar. Our waitress took our order but she never came back to check on us or refill our drinks. We ended up having to get the waitress for the table beside us to get everything. It wasn't terrible, but not something I would want to go back to.

• Visited June 2013
Heath Springs, South Carolina, United States
“You've got to order the fried squash”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I don't care what else you eat or order you have got to get at least one order of the fried squash. it is to die for & a must for our meal.

1 Thank Beth B