“Would stay again”

Quality Inn at Carowinds
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Fort Mill
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Room was clean and spacious, complete with microwave and mini-fridge.
Beds were very comfortable and we could not hear the traffic.
Breakfast was good - the usual cereal, toast, waffles, yoghurt, fruit, juice, coffee.

Other than the Cracker Barrel, Subway and one or two fast food joints, there are not many restaurants in close proximity.

With very little traffic, it took us about 30 min to drive to the car rental return lot at Charlotte Airport

We would stay here again and give it 4*

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MiReed, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear WeLov2trvl,

I thank you for taking the time to post your comment on TripAdvisor and for choosing the Quality Inn Carowinds for your hotel accommodations. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was up to your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with each department head. I sincerely apologize that we do not have that many restaurants within walking distance; however there are plenty just a few miles away from us. We would have been glad to recommend a variety of restaurants not too far from the hotel. We value your business and hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in town.

803-548-0100

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is one of the rare times when I thought Tripadvisor's reviews were rated way too high for what we experienced at this hotel. First the positives (1) It is convenient to Carowinds if you're just looking for someplace to stay while you visit the park (2) You can walk to Culver's, which has really good ice cream. Other than that, there was nothing special about the hotel. Our room seemed drab and a little 'unfresh'. The large screened TV was 'old style' and only 2 of the 6 jets in the jacuzzi worked. The bathroom was cramped and dull. We were on the 2nd floor and there isn't an elevator - so we had to cart all our stuff (we were headed to a 10 day vacation on the coast) up a narrow staircase. We wouldn't stay at this hotel again. Instead, we'd drive one more exit down the interstate to Rock Hill where there were several places to choose from just off the exit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ohio Traveller
MiReed, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Ohio-Travlier,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisior. I do sincerely apologize that we were not up to your expectations. I know we are an older hotel and unfortunately do not have an elevator but we would have gladly helped you with your bags. All of our rooms have been newly updated with bedding, lighting, flat screen TV’s, marble vanities in the bathrooms and new carpet throughout the hotel. I will definitely have my maintenance department look into the jets not all properly working in the Jacuzzi room you were in.

We do take pride in our location and being right across the street from Carowinds theme park. Culver’s is definitely worth the walk, they do have excellent hamburgers and ice cream.

Once again I do sincerely apologize that we were not up to your expectations and for the inconveniences you experienced while stay at the Quality Inn Carowinds. We do value your business and hope that you will consider giving us another try to meet your expectations if the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Have stayed a couple times on business trips. If you are looking for a clean, large room at a reasonable price, this is the place. As a Choice Privilege member they upgraded me to a Jacuzzi room both times. While I did not use the Jacuzzi, the upgrade is appreciated. The rooms are very clean and are comparable to rooms that cost $30 to $60 more per night. The breakfast and the lobby are not great, but you should not expect anything more for this price. The location is not good as far as dining, but it is close to the highway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael T
MiReed, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Michael T,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We thank you for being a Choice Privilege Member. We value your business and thank you for staying at the Quality Inn Carowinds.
I sincerely apologize for the breakfast not being up to your expectations; I will be sure to have a meeting with my breakfast attendant to see how we can make it better. I know that we don't have many dining options within walking distance but there is definitely a good variety just within a few miles of the hotel.

Once again we thank you for being a Choice Privilege Member and we value your business. I hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are in town on business.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

No issues here. My wife and I were looking for something affordable and close to Carowinds. We spent two nights here. The room was clean, the halls were well maintained, and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast was very decent as well. It's less than a mile away from Carowinds and easy to find off of a not-too-busy intersection just down from several restaurants.

Our only complaint: My wife didn't particularly love the bath tub setup. The bathroom door can be open while you're in the bath, and it covers the tub roughly half way. Pretty minor as complaints go, but it did creep her out for whatever reason.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Race R,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisior. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest at the Quality Inn Carowinds. I will let my staff know that you enjoyed your stayed an everything was up to your expectations. I do sincerely apologize for the construction of the bathrooms; I know that can be a bit aggravating. However if your ever in the Fort Mill, SC area in the near future we would definitely like to have you has our guest again.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Hotel was difficult to get to as it is located in a very busy area and very close to the amusement park at Carowinds...probably a better choice for families wanting to attend the Park. Traffic was fierce trying to get into the hotel property. Although our room was very large and spacious - we feel this hotel needs some serious maintenance - nobody seems to be checking to see if everything works in each room....needs a lot of small things done by the maintenance department..things that are inconvenient and annoying to your clientele. We also heard that the hotel was booked to capacity so I guess management does not feel the urge to make hasty and regular repairs. Front Desk was handled by a very pleasant and efficient women the day we checked in.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marleyandmike
MiReed, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Deal MarleyandMike,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at the Quality Inn Carowinds. Our property does tend to get a little busy during the weekends and during the summer because of Carowinds Theme Park, I know traffic can be a little challenging at times but I know we have SC State Troopers and Fort Mill Police Department out trying to guide traffic as smoothly as possible. I will be sure to get with my maintenance staff to go over a routine maintenance plan so that everything in our guest rooms is in working order. We appreciate your business and hope if you’re traveling though the Fort Mill, SC area in the future you will consider giving us another try.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The service at this hotel was wonderful. We reserved over 6 rooms for 4 nights to go to a wedding and then go to Carowinds Park Easter weekend. There were a lot of us and no one had any issues or concerns. Rooms were always clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast had a great variety and the hot food was hot! The fitness room was out of order which is usually not a problem but it was raining for 2 days and could not go out for a run. They gave us a free pass to a very nice fitness center about 2 miles down the road. The front desk helped us save A LOT of money at Carowinds Park which most of us were on a budget and made our stay even better. Thanks you Quality Inn for making our trip wonderful!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
MiReed, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Corywait,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure having you and your family stay at the Quality Inn Carowinds. I sincerely apologize for not having a fitness room on property but pleased that we could offer you a complimentary pass to the fitness center that we suggest to our Valued Guest. We are proud to be a Hotel Partner of Carowinds Theme Park and we are excited to be able to offer discounts to our guest. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast selection and that our guest rooms were clean and comfortable. I hope that you will consider staying at the Quality Inn Carowinds the next time you and your family are in the Fort Mill, SC area.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We needed a reasonable rate for a one night stay Easter Sunday night after a day of worship. We were traveling 3 1/2 hours late in the afternoon on our way to Savannah. I checked many reviews and rates and decided on Quality at Carowinds. I was a little concerned about noise and being near Charlotte airport.
My fears were unfounded. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by a smiling, friendly and helpful young lady who checked us in quickly and constantly asked if there was anything we needed.
The room was very clean and the night was very quiet. The breakfast was good. Not wild about powdered eggs but there is enough on the menu to satisfy everyone! The lady kept everything full and constantly asked if she could get us anything. This was in between her cleaning up after everyone and filling coffee and all the food items. She was a workhorse.
The girl who was getting ready to clean rooms even asked if we needed anything and she opened our room door when our key decided not to work.

Even during check out the lady asked about our stay.
Oh yes, the rate was excellent! A wonderful night and a very reasonable rate! I have no problem recommending this hotel and staying here again!

Oh don't use your GPS directions. Get off on exit 90 then look for the hotel on the left. Turn at the light just past the Kangaroo station. GPS will take you in a huge circle.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dsummer20

Dear Dsummer20,

I thank you for taking time to comment on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure having you as a guest at the Quality Inn Carowinds. I am very pleased that you were checked in quickly and you were able to rest after a long and exhausting drive. We take pride in our hotel and we value our guest; I am proud of my entire staff for being so courtesy to you and went out of their way to make your stay much more enjoyable. I apologize that the eggs weren't up to your expectations, I will definitely look into offering a better product, however I am pleased that you did find something on our breakfast bar to your satisfy your appetite. I hope that you will consider staying at Quality Inn Carowinds the next time you are traveling through Fort Mill, SC.