“Quality Inn at Carowinds”

Quality Inn at Carowinds
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Fort Mill
Tallmadge, Ohio
“Quality Inn at Carowinds”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Every year on our way to Hilton Head we stop at the Carowinds exit and stay at a hotel. We have stayed at the Quality Inn 2 times now. We find it comfortable and clean, the staff is very friendly. We will stay there again next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tonya C
MiReed, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Tonya C,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff and let them know everything was up to your expectations. I thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Carowinds for your hotel accommodations and we hope to see you again the next time you travel through the area.

Quality Inn Carowinds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
North Augusta, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We recently stayed here after reading pretty much stellar reviews. The location is excellent and the price was good. However, the hotel itself needs some updating and a really good cleaning. Our room was a decent size but the furnishings and carpet were way overdue for replacements. I would say the breakfast was good and the lady running it worked hard to keep it stocked so we did give her a tip. I don't think that I would stay here again though unless it was a last resort. Close to Carowinds and right next door to the Cracker Barrel. The pool is dinky but we did not use it. I really don't understand all the high ratings this place got. I guess it all depends on what you are use to. My advice is to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 205. It is right at the door to the stairs and also the snack/drink machine. N...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BooGaLoo2JJ
Dear BooGaLoo2JJ,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. I sincerely apologize that we weren’t up to your expectations. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. I will be sure to share your comment with Jan our breakfast attendant. I know we are an older hotel and we are in need of some updates. We hope to renovate in the near future, however all of our rooms have been newly updated with bedding, lighting, flat screen TV’s, marble vanities in the bathrooms and new carpet throughout the hotel. I thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Carowinds for your hotel accommodations and we hope that we will have a chance to redeem ourselves the next time you are in the area.

Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Checked in at almost midnight on a Thursday night, and the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. We received two goodie bags upon checking in, similar to what you would receive when you stay in a block of rooms for a wedding - nice surprise! The room was clean and larger than expected with microwave and fridge. Booked in advance, and at $65 for the night, the value is unbeatable! Highly recommended to anyone needing a hotel close to Carowinds.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VTEngineer
Dear VTEngineer,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff and let them know everything was up to your expectations. I am pleased to hear that you got a great rate and the room was much roomier than expected. I know that some hotels can be a little cramp these days but I am glad that’s not the case here at the Quality Inn Carowind. All of our rooms have microwave and refrigerator’s because we feel that should be an amenity and not an extra up charge fee. I thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Carowinds for your hotel accommodations and we hope to see you again the next time you travel to the area.

Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice and clean rooms with some room to move. Very nice staff. The only bad thing is if you get a room on the second floor. No Elevators in this hotel. If you have a lot of luggage and such it is a pain to get up to the second floor. Very good access to Carowinds.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MiReed, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Dan_fran_dickerson,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad that we met your expectations besides not having an elevator. I do apologize that we do not have an elevator, we would have been more than happy to help you with your bags if needed I am pleased to hear that my staff was friendly and provided you with great customer service. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff and let them know you enjoyed your stay overall. We value your business and hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

p. 803.548.0100
Northampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stopped here because of location to carowinds. Friendly staff and clean room. Breakfast was good but crowded seating area. Would not advise walking to carowinds ,have to cross major highway. Will stay here on next trip to area.

Room Tip: first floor towards rear of building for back entrance
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MiReed, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Deal Michael P,

I thank you for taking your time to comment about our establishment on TripAdvisor. I am glad that enjoyed our breakfast. I do apologize about the breakfast area being crowded at times. I hope in the future we will be doing renovations in our breakfast area to make in a little bit roomier. I am pleased to hear that my staff was friendly and provided you with great customer service. I will sure to share your comments with them. We thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Carowinds for your hotel accommodations and we hope to see you again in the future.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. Breakfast was great. Lots of options!! The room was spacious. Beds were super soft. Staff was very nice and housekeeping is awesome!!! We definitely stay again!!! Only bad thing is that they don't have an elevator. But they only have two floors so it's not too bad!!6

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Smilee1116
Dear Smilee1116,

I thank you for taking your time to comment about our establishment on TripAdvisor. I am glad that enjoyed our breakfast and slept well in are comfortable beds. I will be sure to share your comments with my department heads. We value your business and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night because of Tripadvisor recommendation. Very nice clean motel even if a bit old. Nicely remodeled with friendly staff and very good breakfast! Comfortable bed and nice new carpet. Bed comfortable and some new furnishings such as lights and TV. We never saw an elevator though so if you have mobility problems check with them before booking. As for us,We will be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BetteWV
MiReed, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear BettieWV,

I thank you for your comment on TripAdvisior. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest at the Quality Inn Carowinds. I will let my staff know that you enjoyed your stayed an everything was up to your expectations. Unfortunately we do not have an elevator, however we would be more than happy to assist our guest with luggage if needed. We value your business and hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in town.

p. 803.548.0100
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Mill
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#6 of 6 in Pineville

Been to Quality Inn at Carowinds? Share your experiences!