“Michael”

Motel 6 Charlotte Carowinds
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Fort Mill
“Michael”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Went to carowinds for day stayed all day at park, to tired to drive two hours home. Stayed at motel 6 in fort mill SC. Stay was great for over nite stay, room was clean, staff was very nice friendly. This is great for bed and bath street hot day at amusement park. Great price from tingo.com thru tripadviser.com. Will definitely stay again and will always use tripadviser.com, great bookings and prices last two trips.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Michael G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed there last night after spending the day at Carowinds. We didn't have a reservation, just showed up around 11pm. The clerk Bobby was super nice and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Wish the comforters were fluffier, they were very thin and not the softest blankets I've ever used but I'm not complaining. The hotel had a musty smell to it but nothing too overwhelming. The price was FANTASTIC!!! I was kinda worried that it was gonna cost more because we didn't have a reservation, but it didn't. This place is literally across the road from Carowinds and there's a Burger King right next door. There's also a bunch of other restaurants super close by and the hotel is seconds from the Interstate. We'll definitely stay here again! Thanks Motel 6!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank May C
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Positives: Pet friendly at no additional charge, clean inside the room, everything worked, staff friendly.

Negatives: Hallway carpet seems to have never been cleaned. Most of the building needs a little upkeep (paint chipping, peeling around edges). However, the reason I would probably not stay here again as a single woman is because I felt unsafe. When I checked in the attendant told me that I was in the back to make it easier to take the dogs out and that I could just drive around and use the back entrance. It was dark when I was entering my room, and the back the entrance was very dimly lit and a truck driver crept up behind me and scared me (luckily not a bad man). I had my arms full with luggage and 2 dogs, and was a little creeped out so I turned around and went back through the well-lit front entrance. When I had calmed down and was taking the dogs out, I did go out the back door because it was so much more convenient. Upon re-entry, I discovered that the back door wasn't locked. It has a card swiper but you don't actually have to use it. Basically anyone could be coming in at all hours of the night, and since my room was right beside this door I was a nervous nelly. Thankfully I had my dogs, but without them I would probably not have gotten any sleep and would have been up at every little sound. I would be willing to pay an extra $30 or $40 for another hotel next time so that I can sleep without worrying who is coming into the building. I would not recommend for women traveling on their own or with children. (I stayed June 2014)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bandrose4
Moncks corner
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had three rooms, (215, 217 & 219) for us, our 2 children & their children. I spoke with the manager from this hotel after I made the reservations as this is a "pet friendly" place and I am a severe asthmatic and have to have a no smoking room, and I am not a pet person as well. The manager set our no smoking rooms on the together on the second floor, as the pet people generally like to be on the first floor. Small towels, no shampoo or hair dryer. Micro fridge is a few bucks extra, but we were so tired from the park all day, all we wanted was a shower and a bed. If you need extra towels like we did, just call the front desk. We will definitely stay here stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
South Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Every time we go to carowinds we stay here. Book by calling hotel, cause they put limited rooms online so it may said they are booked but they have rooms saved for walk ins. Rooms are clean. staff is always friendly and helpful. Only bad thing is the bed are harder than I like. Carowinds across the road and near plenty of restaurant. We will be back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RosefromSC
san diego, ca
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was very impressed with this motel 6. The nicest motel 6 I have ever stayed in. Josh at the desk was so friendly and helpful. Excellent experience. Located across from the
amusement park. Rooms are spacious and have a bathtub.

• Stayed April 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We were only in town for the night.needed a place to sleep and shower, weren't looking for a lot of amenities. Had no problem checking in.even got in the room early since it was ready.rooms looked like picture accidentally got a smoking room that bothered me at first but quickly faded. Room was clean except for a stray hair in tub.they had a dog show crowd and ciaa crowd there and yet I still slept great. For the price it was a good deal.even with ciaa traffic we didnt have that much of a hard time getting to uptown Charlotte.check was a breeze.they had a really really good front desk staff and I left the hotel wanting to write a positive review for them

• Stayed March 2014
Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
#10 of 178 in Charlotte
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Mill

Been to Motel 6 Charlotte Carowinds? Share your experiences!