“Great Location and Value”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Gaffney
Vermont
“Great Location and Value”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is my second stay at the Sleep Inn and I plan to stay there again. The manager, Amy, was so friendly and informative. The room was pleasant as well as clean. It had a microwave, refrigerator and flat screen TV. The king size bed was very comfortable. I stay in a couple dozen hotels every year. The breakfast at this hotel is by far the best. So if your a big breakfast eater or have teens your traveling with, the value is unbeatable. There is a large selection of pastries, yogurts, fruits and cereals. In addition to making waffles, they had eggs, sausage, biscuits, bacon gravy and french fries. The location is right across the highway from the outlet stores and movie theater giving plenty of choices for activities in the evening. Great location and value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Aurora
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I never stayed at a Sleep Inn before so I didn't know what to expect. The location on my drive through South Carolina up to Virginia took me past Gaffney and I stopped for the day at the local Sleep Inn. I chose this because of price and wasn't disappointed. I got more than I anticipated. The room was surprisingly comfortable and clean. Perfect for just me and/or another person. The bathroom may be a bit tight if more than 2 are staying here. The bed was one of the best I've slept in. The location is close to many restaurants and an awesome outlet mall.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This place was pretty good. I would get a room not on the east side and the sun is bright. You can pin the curtains closed - also light comes in under the door and you can put a long towel there to block light. We were near elevator but never heard it.

The breakfast has muffins, eggs, sausage and yogurt. It is right off the highway and not far from good old 'less than North Carolina' gas so fill up before you go north.

There was a radio playing in the two rooms we used when we first got to the room, that was unusual ....

Room Tip: Try the West side and away from elevator, though I never heard it ...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bea R
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

Thanks to Ami and the staff of the SC189 Sleep Inn-Gaffney. Brought a group of teenagers and stayed during an event at Limestone College. The staff was friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean. Parking was super easy for our bus. The location was right by the interstate. Easy access to area attractions. Breakfast was more than we expected each of our two mornings. Gravy biscuits, oatmeal, cereal, sausage, eggs, juices, sweets. Eating area was maintained with plenty of food and tables were kept clean. Ami made the checkout procedure especially convenient for our group; providing storage for our luggage while we had breakfast and she completed our paperwork. What a pleasant, quiet, stress-free experience. I know we weren't the only folks there but this staff went out of its way to give us the attention to make us feel as though we were.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I was a little concerned since they have smoking rooms, but I couldn't smell any cigarette smoke. The room did smell a little musty though. I think that's just from the age of the hotel. We were on the third floor so there was no noise above us. However, the door rattled badly when people walked by so it was a little noisier than I would like. Also, the people next door departed early one morning and it literally sounded like they were in the room with me. I couldn't hear voices, but it sounded like they were moving furniture around at 6:00 am. Not the hotel's fault, but the walls do need some soundproofing. I didn't try breakfast. Another person travelling in my party said it didn't look great, so we just went to McDonald's instead. The room was clean. Bathroom was tiny--no bathtub, just a small shower stall. Sink was outside the bathroom.

Room Tip: My room was on the opposite side from the interstate, but there was still a fair amount of traffic n...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
NJ
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Stayed one night and was impressed with the hotel. Check in went smoothly and the room was clean and seemed to be recently renovated. The location of the hotel was convenient and breakfast was not bad. My only complaint was the breakfast area. No guests were having breakfast and none of the tables were clean. I had to wipe down a table as I watched three employees of the hotel enjoy their breakfast. The breakfast situation did not ruin my stay and will stay here again when I am back n the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Harleysville
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Reserved a room using the "Choice Hotels" website. Arrived very late on a Friday night and had no problems checking in. The room was very comfortable and not noisy despite being very close to I-85. The hotel appeared to be almost new or very recently renovated. The free wifi was excellent, very high speed and no problems with the connection. Everything was very clean and although I did not have time to try the pool it certainly looked inviting the following morning. A full hot breakfast is provided free. I found it to be very good. The hotel is convenient to a good assortment of fast food outlets. Just down the street there is an excellent restaurant called "The Clock" which is a full service restaurant with daily specials and a very friendly staff. If you are planning to be in the Gaffney, SC area, this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: I had the king size bed room. This particular room had an excellent shower but no bathtub. Not a p...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Captain2ID
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaffney
Hampton Inn Gaffney
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North
Super 8 Gaffney
Super 8 Gaffney
#7 of 8 in Gaffney

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!