“Excellent Chicken Filet Sandwich” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Duncan, South Carolina
“Excellent Chicken Filet Sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had a Chicken Filet Sandwich and was fantastic, the Chicken was so tender and juicy I will recommend to anyone. Just ask to the Waitress. I will be back for some more some time.

• Visited July 2014

York, South Carolina
“It's ok...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I'm a local and have never tried Harold's. I've tried it three times now, and I am not impressed. The first time I came, they charged me to use my credit/debit card. That's not a huge deal to me, but it is the 21st Century. Today was the last time for me. I ordered a veggie soup and grilled cheese, it came to over $8.00. It wasn't $8.00 worth of soup and grilled cheese. The soup was $4.99 for a cup of vegetables. It was good, just not worth the price to me. Also, they charged .39 for a cup of water. I realize it costs something, but most restaurants offer water free of charge. The cost of the soup and sandwich covered the water. It's just not what I expected.

1 Thank Robert W
“My First Stop in Gaffney”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had seen this place on tv and a friend recommended it to me. It was the first place I stopped when I got into town. I walked in and saw that it was pretty divey , which was cool. They had a problem reading my credit card and debit card, but they were able to break my $100, so it was cool. I ordered a bacon egg salad sandwich, which was pretty good, it's better with some pepper. I met a couple from Atlanta that asked me about being in the Americorps and they gave me their wings and half a sandwich. So that was really cool. I'll definitely good back and try their burgers and hot dogs soon. I wasn't knocked off my feet, but it's a cool little place. Oh, they don't have a soda fountain so you have to buy cans but they have tea, so it's all good.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Stopped on our road trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We saw a bill board for Harold's and being fans of triple d, we thought we would stop for lunch. We neglected to look at TripAdvisor before going. We wish we had because we wouldn't have stopped.

The prices were very inexpensive and everything is ala carte. I wasn't impressed. We didn't get the chili so I can't comment of that. We had chicken fries, a naked hot dog, bbq wings @ and mild wings. We were not impressed but for the price and novelty, well it was okay. That is is why it got a 3 and not a 2.

1 Thank BetsyKinGA
Atlanta, GA
“Harold's Restaurant: Gaffney, SC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Ok. I knew that I was working in Gaffney for the week and saw that this place was on DDD (which is a show I like) so I thought, "Why not?" I don't think this place should be labeled as a "dive". It is just an older restaurant. They do make a lot of references to their DDD appearance though, which is just good marketing.

After I sat down, one of the waitresses sat down with me and gave me an overview of the place and recommended some stuff. I got the chili burger, fries and a tea. I was a little disappointed by the portion size of the chili burger but I enjoyed it. The staff was nice and I liked the environment. I would gladly give them a higher rating if the amount of food was a bit more.

I see some people don't like it but the food is only part of the experience.

• Visited February 2014