“Good Food under Peachoid” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 85 Restaurants in Gaffney
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good Food under Peachoid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I stopped at FATZ in Gaffney, partly because it's under the Peachoid and partly because we wanted something relatively fast so we could get home. When we got inside, it was packed and there was quite a wait for a table. But they offered to sit us at the bar and we could order dinner from there. My wife got ribs and I got a burger. Everything was very good, including the complementary "dinner rolls" the bartender brought for us, that were more like cinnamon rolls - yummy! I was really impressed with how good the service. The bartender who waited on us took great care of us and got everything out quickly. We were coming home from a trip and didn't want to spend a lot of time eating and they accommodated us well. And after dinner, I got a picture of the Peachoid from the parking lot!

• Visited March 2014

Roanoke, VA
“Some serious sweet tea!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We have dined at Fatz several times on our travels in the southeast US. This was our first visit to this particular one. We stopped here en route to Clemson for a college visit. Fatz offers a fairly standard variety of foods including chicken, salmon, pastas, burgers, salads, etc. Can't decide? They offer a mix and match option where you can choose two entrees and get a half portion of each. My son (12) and wife actually shared this option and had more than enough food for them. The waitress suggested that it may not be enough, but for our family it was fine. My wife did order an extra side salad with it for additional cost. Everyone's food was delivered as ordered and in a reasonable amount of time. The small rolls with honey butter were addictive and we had to say no to a second basket. Finally, I must comment on the sweet tea. Let me just say, "welcome to the south"! It is some serious kind of sweet! My tea lover in the family was in heaven, but it was a bit too sweet for my taste, just be forewarned.

Visited April 2014
Gaffney, South Carolina
“Fatz of Gaffney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great food at reasonable prices. Plenty of choices. Top-notch wait staff. Just learned they offer catering now.

• Visited March 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Best Mid Way Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I use Fatz as a meeting point when I need a face-to-face with business associates from Charlotte. The location is easy to find since you can't miss the Peachoid and the food is good.

This is a typical Fatz - comfort food, salads, steaks and burgers. The service is good and usually quick.

You can't go wrong here.

• Visited April 2014
Gaffney, South Carolina, United States
“Great lunch specials!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

My team and I often go to Fatz for a weekly lunch meeting. The lunch specials are very reasonably priced, service is usually quick, and we never left hungry except when we ordered the grilled, skewered vegetables - just not enough for a meal. Lunch specials include a pick- two or three items and plenty of choices. Service is good and the place is clean!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to FATZ? Share your experiences!