“Small Town, Great Lodging”

Red Roof Inn Gaffney
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Gaffney
Reviewed 31 July 2014

A work assignment took me to Gaffney, SC for the Annual Farm Equipment Exhibit and Antique Bikes on Main event in Chesnee, SC.

Familiar with many small towns throughout the eastern US, I didn't expect much. What I got was a super clean room, friendly staff and a quiet. Sure, that's what you think you're always paying for, but rarely does a property do all the little things so well.

I was especially impressed with Crystal in Housekeeping (the life blood of a property) and Jennifer at the front desk. I highly recommend the Red Roof Inn in Gaffney.

Room Tip: If available, and not needed by differently abled travelers, the handicapped accessible rooms are ex...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Paresh P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We are always glad to hear from our guests. It is very important to us that our guests feel that we have a clean property with friendly employees. I will pass your compliments along to Crystal and Jennifer, and I am sure that they will be happy that they were able to make your stay more pleasant. We will be looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Our room bathtub needed draino, no fitness center, no elevator, but good service, clean, and near good restaurants. Gaffney is a small town but, growing and changing. This Red Roof Inn should upgrade and change with the rest of the chains. It has a good staff running it already. With more money put into it for updated features, it will be great for people to stay and return again. For now it is basic, better than sleeping outside.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed overnight on our way to DC.
Sympathic staff, nice rooms, quite....good continental breakfast....nothing negative to say.
Good rate for the service offered (travel coupons).
I do not have anything negative to say.
Would recommend it for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The beds are horribly hard and uncomfortable,flat pillows,dirty carpet and walls and very noisy. Can hear screaming children and footsteps. Not impresses and wont be back. Was disturbed and asked to move my truck when it was already parked properly. No coffee in room. Only good thing is very nice flat screen.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I just recently stayed in this hotel due to unfortunate circumstances and I have to say that the employee working helped us out tremendously. The room was very much satisfactory, the bed was comfortable and when we asked for an extra pillow we received one. The third shift employee even had coffee ready for us earlier than the allotted time for breakfast. I was extremely pleased with every one at the hotel and thankful for their service, next time we are travelling thru we will definitely be staying with them. Thank you for making a horrible night turn into a good one.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Paresh P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to help you with your emergency accommodation needs. We always do our best to make our guests comfortable and happy. Please feel free to come back and see us anytime, even if it isn't an emergency! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The hotel is in a nice location but needs to be remodeled. The carpets and walls were dirty. I think my allergies kicked in from the dusty room. The mattress was mushy, sloppy, and flat. One pillow looked like it was used. The table was dirty. The breakfast was ok, the waffles and donuts were great but the coffee was like water. I've stayed in much nicer Red Roofs. My advice: stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank decljust
Paresh P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Hello. I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay here. We are in the process of updating and remodeling our hotel. All of our queen mattresses have already been replaced, so I am assuming you are referring to one of our king beds. They will all be replaced within the next few months, and new paint and carpet will be added to the rooms in the near future. I can assure you that your pillow was not used. We pride ourselves on our customer service here, and we feel badly that you were not pleased. We did not receive a complaint from you, so we did not have the chance to make it right. If you decide to return I am sure that we could make you happy.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

RED ROOF INN. 132 New Painter Dr. Gaffney Sc. AT check in I did not receive bottle of water per the redi card agreement or one each day i stayed,The first room #119 was unacceptable to stay in the bathroom floor had not been swept or properly cleaned there was built up urine on the toilet , dust on the furniture. The second room #117 the carpet coming up from the floor at the bathroom door and ragged and stained the floor had not been vacuumed the because there was m&m on the floor, two of the lamps were unplugged had to pull out the night stand to plug in lamp there was trash and dirt behind it.. The refrigerator made so much noise i had to unplug it to sleep. I would have moved to another hotel but unable to find one available in the area. I told the front desk about all the problems she said sorry they just hired three new maids that obviously they need to be trained and checked behind , I told them i stay here every time i come to Gaffney South Carolina and i will not stay here again and hope this is not problem with all Red Roof Inns. With the disable car with no tag on it on blocks in parking lot , stains on the linens. This hotel needs a lot of repair AND NEW MANAGEMENT THAT CARES

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank steve n
Paresh P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

I'm very sorry that you did not like our hotel, but calling it a "crack" hotel is a bit much. The rooms you said were so terrible have been rented before and since by nice, clean customers, and no one has complained. The issues you mentioned were not found in the room. You declined housekeeping for the duration of your stay. We would have been more than happy to clean your room while you watched to be sure it was to your satisfaction, but you chose to have no one clean it. We go out of our way to please our guests here, and that is why we have so many regular guests. There were plenty of other places to stay in Gaffney, but you chose not to check out and go someplace else. Availability in Gaffney was wide open for the entire time you were here. If you would have given us a chance to make everything satisfactory for you, we would have. In any case, I hope your further travels are more to your liking. If you decide to come back in the future, we will make sure you are happy.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaffney
Quality Inn-Gaffney
Super 8 Gaffney
Super 8 Gaffney
#7 of 8 in Gaffney
WoodSpring Suites Charlotte Shelby

Been to Red Roof Inn Gaffney? Share your experiences!