“Excellent Outback”

Outback Steakhouse Factory Shops Blvd
Ranked #23 of 85 Restaurants in Gaffney
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Excellent Outback”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My son and I stopped for dinner at this busy Outback on a Saturday evening. Many were waiting and we were told to expect a 30 minute wait. We got lucky and were seated within 10 minutes. We got a nice booth for 2. The restaurant was very busy, but our server greeted us promptly and took our drink order. The warm bread arrived soon after and we passed on appetizers and both ordered the 9 oz. Victoria Filets.

Our salads were very good. My son ordered the Bleu cheese wedge which was very tasty. I had a regular salad which was very good, though it has shrunk in size over the years.

Both filets were cooked perfectly (we chose the regular cooking method, not the wood fire) and were very tender with no gristle. That's why you go to a steakhouse and this Outback did an excellent job on the steaks.

Though I forgot my server's name, she was very cheerful and extremely efficient, especially given that she had many tables. Drink refills appeared when our existing drinks got low (we had sodas).

I've eaten in many Outbacks and this one was definitely one of the better ones.

• Visited May 2014

Columbia, South Carolina
“Would not go back”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I typically do not eat at chains, but went to this Outback with family for a special occasion. I will not go back. I ordered the salmon, which I usually love, however, this was served warm - not anywhere near hot, and appeared to be very undercooked - almost rare. It had absolutely no taste at all. The blooming onion we ordered as an appetizer was burned. The waitress was personable and seemed to be trying to do her best, but overall, the service was terrible. One in my party had to request a to-go box three times. It took forever to get our food. Overall, I was extremely disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
“Midpack Outback!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Outback restaurants are in a fight for their lives right now, with closings planned for many locations according to recent news. The menu has evolved and offers several value priced options for the cost conscious to remain competitive, however the ridiculously priced soft drinks and appetizers will put an otherwise reasonable dinner up into another price bracket. As for this visit, it was a quiet Sunday early evening and the dining room was scarcely occupied, however we couldn't help but notice the abundant trash and litter on the floor throughout the area. To add to this impression, one of our menus opened up to a large dried splotch of crud splattered across two pages. Service was friendly and prompt, however the young lady never bothered to remove any plates and by the end of the meal seven plates, four glasses and the bread board cluttered our table. Salad dressing was spilled in one salad when it arrived; the food runner apologized and offered a replacement however. Lettuce in one salad included some less than appetizing looking chunks of lettuce with some brownish discoloration. Baked potatoes were OK, though nothing special, and the "Outback Special" steaks were a little on the rare side (they were ordered medium rare, and we did not complain about it to our server). The signature appetizer Blooming Onion came out quickly and was prepared properly. Overall this visit was not up to previous visits to the same location. A courtesy visit by the manager would have been nice, though not necessary for any major issues; it is something we have come to expect. Finally, though it was the birthday of one in our party, the server did not inquire if we were there for any special occasion, which would have been nice. This restaurant is actually one of the nicer establishments in the little mill town of Gaffney, and is frequently chosen for such purposes.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank SPW777
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Quality for a chain”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I am not normally one who enjoys chain restaurants but I have been very pleased with my stops at outback. The steaks are a good cut of meat seasoned well and cooked to a good temperature. The server did a very good job and kept our drink glasses full. This is a solid restaurant and solid dining experience.

Gaffney, South Carolina
“Our Sunday Visit”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My family visited Outback on Sunday for my sister's birthday and it was a bad experience . The food was fairly good however, the waitress was really bad. She was not a good waitress and needs more training. She was too greedy trying to get more tables rather than taking of the tables she already had. She got our orders all mixed up and as well as the bills. The manager was really nice and tried to cover up for her mess up.

• Visited October 2013