“Great experience”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Gaffney
Elkridge, Maryland
“Great experience”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The rooms were clean and organized when we first checked in. The fast WiFi was also a great addition especially with three kids. The service was great and the motel staff is like family. This is my favorite place to stay whenever I visit South Carolina. My family and I had a great time and choosing the right place to stay was a big part of that.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
neelash278, General Manager at Super 8 Gaffney, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking time write your true opinion. In many case when guest are satisfied they do not take time to write. Only time people take there time to write when they have bad experience. Guest like you inspire me to run better business. To me all opinion makes deference either good or bad. From good experience I get proud and get inspiration and bad experience teach me something. So once again I do appreciate your time and effort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The price was good and the lady who checked us out was very nice, but that's about all I can say for this one. The room was dirty and pretty run-down. The single serve coffee pot didn't work. The shower didn't drain properly. Although the website says there is a breakfast, there didn't seem to be one. People milled about and when we woke up the next morning the trash cans were overfilled with beer cans. It seems to be a long-term problem, rather than a temporary issue. It was overall one of the most unpleasant hotel experiences I've had.

Room Tip: If you can't navigate stairs well, you'll need to be on the first floor as there are no elev...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our hotel. As far as breakfast I do not understand which building you are looking for but there is one. When we check our guest in we tell them about the location for our breakfast, fitness center, our wi if password and checkout time. As far as trashcan overfill we do not have trash service everyday they come once a week to empty the dumpster as I am not the only customer they got , so they can come when ever I please. I am sure city has schedule they have to go by. U must of came in at the end of week or day they empty the dumpster that is why it was overfill. As far r room run down that is not true we do upgrade. Recently we upgrade every room with brand new serta top of the line mattresses, new bedding according to the super 8 standards, new carpet , new furniture. Right now we r putting flat screen in every room. In near future room will be upgrade with new paint. So we are trying to upgrade as necessary. I take pride in my business and I do not run this hotel without any standard. So I hope you change your opinion about this hotel and give us chance to serve you better in near future. Your opinion is most important and it does matter to me. Guest like you help me run better business. So once again thanks.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here overnight in July 2014. The cons outweigh the pros in a big way. Let me explain:

A lot of people appear to live at this motel and they are very bold, let's just say I did not feel safe here and I was traveling with a friend. In the morning, there were multiple empty cases/bottles of beer everywhere - which explains all the drunken ranting & raving I heard until at least 2 a.m. There is no control at this motel from the front desk, obviously.

This is an exterior corridor motel which only compounded the "unsafe" feeling. The door to our room had a gap the size of well, I don't know what. No elevators either at this property so be warned if you end up with a 2nd floor room.

As for the room itself, it was only marginally acceptable. Beds were comfortable but that was it. Towels were thin and the cleaning of the bathroom left a lot to be desired, especially the tub/shower.

Breakfast was meager at best and mostly gone by 8:30 a.m. and there was no one to refill it. I did feel bad for the front desk lady who appeared to be running the whole place. I mean, there were garbages overflowing everywhere.

I will not stay here again nor can I recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our hotel experience. As far your opinion those r my construction worker that were just trying to relax after 14 long hours of hard work. Yes they are little lazy to trow trash at the proper place and they do throw anywhere but We do put an effort to keep our property clean. They are hard working and decent guys and not harmful to anyone. They just try to relax for few hours with there buddy after long day but not until 2:00pm because they r not here party they r here to work and they do have to go work next day 5:00am. As far as elevator it is exterior property and only two floor that why we don't require it. As far as breakfast we try r level best to keep it fill up but like u said there are too many guest we commemorate so stuff do run out but when guest bring it to my attention I am more then happy to refill. Sometime I refill and there come big group contraction crew come it run out quick. For me having contraction crew is good for my business. They r my guest as my traveler guest. I do not discriminate my contraction guest nor deferent them my traveler guest. I hope you change your opinion about contraction guys. They r not bad people and stay at the hotel with peace of mind.
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The towels at this place were so thin they did not dry anything, spend a few bucks and replace them. Also, new towels may mean you can cut down on the softener so they actually absorb moisture after a shower. The place was clean and quiet. Bed was comfy. The breakfast was a zero. Staff was friendly and the room was non smoking with a no smoke smell.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for you input and bring to my attention about the towels. We do replace them occasionally when it needed. I do appreciated your advice on cutting cost on softener I will definitely follow your advice. I am glad that beside towels issue you had comfortable stay with us. Look to serve you better in future if you gave a chance.
Haw River
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Was a nice hotel for the price. The only problem we encountered was that Truck/Bus parking was advertised and it was available only if you were there early enough to take up several spots. Otherwise a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

neelash278, Manager at Super 8 Gaffney, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thanks for your input and sorry to hear that you had little bit trouble for truck parking. We trying are best to tell guest to park properly so that other guest don't have to go trough the trouble, but certain thing our beyond our control. I appreciate your honest opinion.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaffney
Baymont Inn & Suites Gaffney
Hampton Inn Gaffney
Hampton Inn Gaffney
#1 of 8 in Gaffney
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North

Been to Super 8 Gaffney? Share your experiences!