“Worst stay i ever had” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Gaffney
gaffney
“Worst stay i ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Never again. Rather spend a little more money to make it a good night at another mottel. don't stay in the one in gaffney south carolina. well if you love roches,slipery tubs shower head don't work, and towels with holes.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank eddie198069

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Georgetown, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I just spent my second stay at the motel and again found it a good value at $39.99. A very clean, large room, comfortable bed and quiet. They seemed about to open the pool, had a new big roadside LED sign and had added a K Cup coffee maker to the room. I usually stay at Hiltons but for that rate I passed the Hampton by. Nice comfortable weel maintained older property.

Room Tip: I always ask for a nice quiet room with a coffee maker.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SCinvestor
Georgetown, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

I have stayed at Homestead Lodge in Charlotte several times and was happy with an airport room for $49 so thought I would try this one. Older property ,nice lobby, clean room but furniture was worn. I was pleased for $35.

Room Tip: I just told them I needed a super clean quite room. I mentioned having read of a bug problem and the...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SCinvestor
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

First of all they are not a good price and have a pool that is drained and molded. The rooms smell like moth balls. The beds are so uncomfortable! They had roaches and let me tell you, house keeping and customer service is the worst. They cursed me and my daughter to get out cause i was ten min past check out time. I am livid about this nasty dump and will make sure they are reported. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Christin00
ChrisO63
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

The folks at the front desk were nice but it's rough once you leave the office. You get what you pay for. I was on a tight budget but shoulda paid $10/nite for a cleaner room.

Room Tip: Don't stop. Keep going.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ChrisO63
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

I have read several reviews about this hotel. Unfortunately, I was in a situation where I had to get hotel rooms quite frequently & it is expensive. I had no better choice but to stay here, and I stayed several times, so my opinion isn't based off of one or two stays. The owner was always very very nice to me, but as for ANYONE and EVERYONE else.. rude. Rude, rude, rude. And absolutely nothing professional about them, whatsoever. I also experienced always being told that there were no single rooms left, and had to always pay for a double. Once, we were put in a room where the a/c didn't even cool. They had to put us in a bigger room for the same price. They never even bothered to see WHY the other a/c wasn't cooling. The hotel is very poorly maintenanced. The a/c's have probably never ever been looked at, and absolutely have not ever been replaced. The hotel does have bugs. I would leave all my things in my car, and go down each morning any grab clothes before showering. Also, room service is very poor. Im unsure of how often they wash their sheets and blankets, and when I ran out of toilet paper, or clean towels, I either had to go to the front and get it myself, or wait til the next morning at around noon for room service to bring new ones. I do not ever plan to return, and hate that I was ever in a situation where I had to stay there. The location is decent, not far from restaurants, gas stations, and grocery stores, but if you have the extra money, i'd go for another hotel in the area. There are several nicer ones. As a former reviewer said, if u just need somewhere to crash, it will do the job. Just check for bugs when you leave.

• Stayed October 2010
5 Thank Lizzybugg
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Ok its about the cheapest place to stay when your money is low. But if that is your case bring your roach spray because this is truly the roach motel. Everyone (staff) was very nice but my suite cases are still out on my porch until I have time to shake out everything and fumigate. Stale smelling rooms, raggedy towels, smoking burns on rough blankets. One good thing is the location. Bathroom was clean - but the roaches just put a damper on everything. I paid for one guest = not the roach family! How hard or expensive can it be to exterminate!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo