“Wonderful Experience”

Waters Edge Resort
Lumberton, North Carolina
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I went here for our 16th wedding anniversary. The room was clean and had many upgrades. They had free Wi-Fi and we thought the fireplace in the living room added a certain charm. We went down to the grill for a great Hibachi Chicken meal that was cooked just for us. Hibachi Chicken in normally on the dinner menu, but we got it for lunch! We enjoyed many great conversations with staff who love their job and the hotel. We had great fun in the lounge downstairs. The locals were very warm and embraced new faces. I even helped sing a little karaoke. The views from our room were amazing. I would definitely recommend Waters Edge Resort!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Siler City, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 January 2014

was not a luxury hotel as advertised-we have stayed all over grand strand-this was a little on low end-furniture old-walls chipped damaged-no sheets on pull out sofas-poor parking-will not visit this location again-most of time reviews are pretty on the spot-this was not

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 342pepper
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We're still here and enjoying our stay here at Waters Edge. Check-in was smooth and friendly. Pool area clean and our room is perfect. Some renovations going on and the newly renovated areas look nice. We will be back again.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank MdMEG
Olean, New York
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My family and I have stayed at Water's Edge 6 times since 1991. We love it here. I agree it is an aging property and some units have loose wallpaper but just ask for another unit if you are renting through Water's Edge. Last time we stayed through vrbo and rented directly from the owner. Much more homey and furnished better. The 3 bedroom units are very spacious with a huge balcony. Gorgeous views of the ocean. We will be coming back soon.

Room Tip: Check out your unit before you take luggage up.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I like visiting different areas of the Grand Strand and for this trip I wanted to stay in the Garden City/Murrell's Inlet area. Much of this area is residential/condos with few hotel properties and Garden City has just 3 large oceanfront condo rental properties. I had pretty much decided on Water's Edge but was surprised when the online rate jumped upwards when I thought it would be heading down.

When I was becoming discouraged I noticed a pop-up box with BookIt.com for a rate that was a good third off the lowest rates I'd seen. So i thought "if it sounds too good to be true" ... I had never used BookIt.com and was concerned with mixed reviews on it. Then I called Water's Edge directly and they assured me it was legitimate and that I would not find a lower rate. So with a little uneasiness I booked a one-bedroom condo for three nights at roughly $70 a night for a mid-September weekend. I requested a high floor but really expected to end up in an inferior unit.

NOT THE CASE! I was placed in Unit 1507 (15th floor) and the unit exceeded my expectations. Upon entering I found myself drawn immediately to the oceanfront balcony, Then I noticed the nice-sized kitchen/dining area and the washer/dryer closet. I looked into the adjacent bath and thought that had to be one of the smallest baths (stand-up shower) that I had ever encountered. Then I proceeded to the somewhat-tight bedroom with a double closet, and to my surprise a door that I thought was an owner's closet actually led to a decent-sized bath with a tub.

Sure a fresh coat of paint and a television in the bedroom would have been nice. But at the price I was paying I was still elated. The wi-fi was good, kitchen supplies stocked, and the unit clean. While the lobby was a little hard to find, my friends were happy with their cheeseburger and stir-fry orders from the on-site grill. The pool, whirlpool, and beach were all fine. Interaction with staff was pleasant, and they provided me an extra parking pass. The property looked to be at less than half occupied and thus no issues with elevators or crowds.

So despite my initial concerns I would not hesitate to use BookIt.com and would gladly return to the Water's Edge.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lee S
Garden City Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is to let people know that there is a hidden treasure here in garden city.....the small grill/restaurant at waters edge. Dwayne and Danielle do a great job. Dwayne can cook up some good food....breakfast, lunch great hamburgers home made....and his hibachi is excellent, spring rolls best we have had....probably because these also are you got it home made. Try it you won't be disapointed

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lenoir, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I came on here this evening to write a review on our recent stay and was reading other reviews especially the one on room 1511. Our family goes to waters edge every year at the same time and we request that room. I did notice the dehumidifier which was new in that condo but I did not notice any mold. Of course I will have to be honest and say I was not looking for it either. I really don't think I looked under the kitchen sink once and according to the pictures there was mold under there and behind the wallpaper (I didn't look behind there either). The only thing I would say is I had a child with me that has really bad asthma and she didn't have any problems , I also had a moisture problem in my own home at one time and I am very sensitive to smells and I didn't smell that musty, moldy odor you would expect to find if the room had that much mold in it. The carpet picture makes me question the validity of this review because I can't tell where this picture would have been taken at, it seems like I would notice a loose piece of carpet and after looking at our pics it just doesn't look like it would be in that room. So let me give a review on Waters Edge itself instead of just one room. It is older but it is right on the beach. We spend most of our time at the beach. They are doing update, the deck was completely removed and being replaced when I was there and I can't wait to see it next year. We have stayed in other rooms there and I have never been disappointed. The pool area needs to be non smoking. A man at the hot tub was blowing cigar smoke on us one night and I was praying that my grand daughter would splash him, but she didn't. The indoor hot tub had so much chemicals in it one night that it burned out eyes. The staff have always been extremely nice to us. The parking deck is safe and you can always find a parking space. One security guard " a lady" was very nice and she tried her best to be helpful in every way sorry I didn't get her name. I have been going to the beach for years and I have stayed at a lot of places and all in all waters edge is my favorite. Trust me I will look for mold next year and if it is that bad I will not request that room anymore but I would most likely stay at Waters edge. Since we go at the same time we have met some wonderful people that also go at the same time every year and including my family I know 4 other families that go there and if it is as bad as some of the reviews I don't think all of us would return year after year.

• Stayed September 2013
Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
#1 of 6 in Pawleys Island
Hampton Inn Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach Area
Holiday Inn Express Murrells Inlet

Been to Waters Edge Resort? Share your experiences!