This was our best beach rental ever. Coral Mist was an absolutely wonderful experience for all of us. When we saw the radiant coral house from the outside, we knew we had made the right decision to rent this beautiful house. The inside was clean with spacious bedrooms and baths. Each couple had their own bedroom with large TVs and a full bath with each having co-ordinated decorated themes. A well planned layout offered plenty of privacy. Upstairs has a TV/ game room with a refrigerator, toaster and coffee maker. Plenty of games and DVDs kept the kids happy. We especially liked the clean and well equipped kitchen and eating area. Plenty of room for all. The beautiful large great room was decorated exquisitely. Location is perfect for near by restaurants and shopping. We found the area to be quiet with little traffic. Owners were pleasant and easy to work with. I recommend Coral Mist for anyone who wants a hassle free vacation. a real winner.
Overall, this a lovely home, but the owners may wish to consider the following:
o When charging such a hefty non-refundable cleaning fee in addition to a security deposit, don't nickel and dime your guests because they did not perform cleaning services that should be included in the non-refundable cleaning fee.
- Make sure your property mgmt. co. inspects the unit prior to check-in, and that all advertised amenities are in working order. The refrigerator did not properly cool, dispense water or ice and the advertised extra ice maker was also broken and moldy. Having to purchase extra ice + coolers was truly an inconvenience. While you did inform us that these items were not working, you did so only AFTER the deposit and payments were made.
- Shorten the 7-page Renter’s Contract, the way its written presents itself as more of a list of "DO NOTs" and is quite off-putting. Perhaps you could leave a binder of the "helpful information" inside the unit and rewrite the contract itself to be more guest-friendly.
- Reduce the number of breakable items contained in the home, or put them away during guest stays. While they make for lovely home decor, they can cause more anxiety than anything else, especially guests with small children.
- Install screen doors on at least the main floor balcony. During our stay, the temperatures fluctuated between lows of 35 to highs of mid 70s, so it was necessary to open balcony doors to get air flow and help reduce cooking heat/odor. To be lectured after our departure about how many times a door was opened was a tad offensive. And to be charged for part of an electricity bill is unheard of.
- If you're traveling with teens or young adults during the off season when many area attractions are closed, you may wish to stay elsewhere. The common areas of the home are a bit small and lack entertainment options (i.e. no game room, outdated TV’s).
This house is perfectly suited for a family vacation in so many ways. It's close enough to stores for easy grocery purchase and shopping yet far enough away so that your stay is nice & quiet. It's close enough to the beach for easy, quick access yet far enough away so that the sand is off your sandals by the time you return. The views of the marsh are spectacular from the 3rd floor balcony! The elevator makes unloading luggage and groceries easy. The fully-furnished kitchen makes cooking easy. The bedrooms are comfortable and super clean. The owners are quick to communicate and were delightful to work with. We look forward to our return!
When planning your vacay with a large group or dear family members, you may wish to skip Coral Mist. This is especially true if you plan to cook, travel with young children or teenagers, or expect to relax without many unreasonable rules.
Plan to remove your own garbage, if you don't want it to pile up during your stay. Two very small trash bins were filled to capacity upon our arrival. We called the caretaker, who removed the trash on the following day, told us he would remove it every other day during our five-day stay, but he did not. (During Thanksgiving week no less!)
Though the home was acceptable, it not as clean as it could have been. When we arrived there was dust in some areas, cigarette butts on the balcony, dirty front door, a filthy ice maker, which did not work, and dead Palmetto bugs in the home. However, plan to clean the place prior to leaving which includes cleaning all bedrooms and bathrooms, wiping down cabinets, mopping floors, and making beds even though you will be required to pay a cleaning fee. Be prepared to have your entire deposit forfeited, no matter how clean you leave this home.
There are seven bedrooms, however two of them are suited for small children NOT adults. They both have twin beds, one of them has bunk beds, but none of the twin beds could be considered sturdy enough for adults or even teenagers. The other five bedrooms have one full or Queen bed in each. Make sure to leave the pillows and blankets in the correct themed room when you leave, or you may be accused of taking them and charged!
Though our family enjoyed our stay in Garden City, we paid a much higher price than we expected.