“Great Early Bird Dinner Deals”
Review of Gulfstream Cafe

Gulfstream Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Gulfstream Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue
Transit: Water taxi is available at Marlin Quay Marina.
Description: Voted “best restaurant with a view” and “most romantic” by The Sun News; Gulfstream Cafe is the only restaurant on the Strand overlooking the ocean on one side and Murrells Inlet on the other. Watch the sun set from the upstairs bar or deck and savor the creamy She-Crab soup, jumbo lump Crab Cakes, daily catch or Southern favorites- such as fried Lobster Tail. Offering something for everyone: live music, seasonal Oyster Roasts and Sunday brunch with a build your own Bloody Mary bar. Located at the south end of Garden City next to Marlin Quay Marina.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is a great place to go while on vacation in Garden City, Surfside and Myrtle Beach. The food is really good and the prices for the Early Bird Dinner Specials are the best...even includes a drink. We always visit Gulfstream while on vacation in the area.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The view was nice but our waitress forgot my wifes salad the green beans were not cooked to top it off my daughters leg got caught in a hole in the table cloth the waitress asked my wife why didnt they bring your salad out just a terrible place for the price

CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at Gulfstream Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Making our guests feel welcome and well cared for is our highest priority and I am very sorry that you did not experience the level of service and attention that our guests have come to expect.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I had been to the GulfStream Café several times before. That's why we thought it the perfect place to take our neighbor to say thanks for helping us out. The table we got inside was great. A perfect view of the setting sun over the marsh set the stage for a great night. The appetizers including the She Crab soup were all excellent. For the main course, The Grouper Francais comes with a baked on coating that makes it a bit heavier and a bit less than the great things these chefs can produce. All the other main courses were great. The GulfStream is the place to go for killer views and very good food.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been going to the restaurant for 15 years, but after last week I will never go again. I had a waiter, middle aged, with a black vest tell me..GOOD RIDDANCE! I have never had anyone be so rude to me. The hostess was very nice and things were going smoothly until he interfered. I would love to send someone an e-mail that I have written explaining the situation, but I cannot seem to find an e-mail address for the manager.

1  Thank puster777
CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at Gulfstream Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your patronage and are pleased the issue has been resolved. Looking forward to serving you again very soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Very disappointed in the staff at our recent visit. We eat at this restaurant every year and have always loved it. This year the staff was very rude and refused to sit us inside because we had children in our party. One waiter was so rude to my mom we were shocked. We will not be returning!

CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at Gulfstream Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi Casey Lee, I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding on your seating preference. Our Operating Partner, Jef, would like to reach out. Please email your contact information to: amber@centraarchy.com.