“best burger in area”

J. L. Leonard's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My friends invited me to go for the special hamburger or cheeseburger special on tuesday or thursday.so we went tonight. I must tell you i had the cheeseburger the best, I couldn't eat the fries , inever have that problem. I wil return again.i was very please with size and it was real ground beef fresh made It ws truly an excellent burger.the fries taste good to but didn't eat to many. the amount was plenty.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My last, and I do mean last visit was an awful experience! I am a local and used to enjoy eating here. I stopped in for the country fried steak. I sat at the bar and had a beer while waiting for my to go order. The gentleman sitting next to me ordered the same meat about 5 minutes after I did. His food arrived before mine so he asked the bartender about my food. But she was more interested in sharing a cigarette with another patron. She eventually made her way into the kitchen to get my order. However when she came out with it she went back to her smoke break. All the while she was holding my food at such an angle that it all ran together in the to go box. It was I edible by the time I got it home just a short drive away. I told the owner about my experience as I was leaving and he seemed as if he could care less. I'm positive the bartender comped my beer but never told me she did so. As a former bartender I a always let my customers know if I comped something! I left her the 1 penny tip she deserved! I won't return!

1  Thank kathy c
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We just ate lunch there, hubby had special of the day, pulled pork. If it wasn't for the bbq sauce splashed across, there would have been no flavor at all. I pondered the country fried steak and asked if it was dipped in flour and then egg batter or just flour, response "it comes breaded". So I opted for wings and dynamite shrimp, shoulda known better. All from a bag and had to ask for more of Texas Petes hot sauce so I could eat the wings, shrimp were left in the basket all hard and gummy inside.

1  Thank Jean R
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Entrees are all great! especially the fried chicken!!!! sides are good, especially the mashed sweet potato!!!, but the green beans are over cooked and soggy!
Decor is 50's diner with a black & white tile floor.....

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We the snowbird crowd meet here weekly for 3 months, and have tasted most of the menu. Some of the food is great, most average but the "jumbo" crab cakes left much to be desired. We decided to share because 2 of the "jumbo" crab cakes would be too much for one senior. Well, the plate came and to our surprise, the "jumbo" crab cakes looked like 2 meatballs. and unfortunately over "deep fried". I think there was some crab in it but it was so dark and crunchy that only a marble size center of crab was edible....sure not enough for the two of us. It was pricey for what was served. Will never order crab cakes again.