“Last minutes plans”

Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed 12 September 2013

At last minute after fishing all day and watching college game, decided to stay and was welcomed and very pleased with entire stay. Did not have reservations, but was pleased to be informed that a room was not a problem. When staying in other motels close by in the past, they always hesitate and make me worry about whether they have a decent room or not. We had stayed in December, but only slept because we were hanging out with friends so this time, I got to enjoy the facilities and the view.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I was amazed about the setting of the hotel. I was very happy with the location of the hotel. The view it gave was very lovely. And with the wonderful restaurant and excellent food. Looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The Hampton Inn is the best place to stay in Georgetown. I like to work out to DVDs and the rooms are spacious enough for this activity. The beds are extremely comfortable with great duvet covers to cozy up in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were in a "suite" on the end of the building, high floor with a lovely view of the water and pier. The living room portion of the room had no windows and seemed a little dark to me. The room also had a noticeable damp/musty smell to it, but was tolerable.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several years before this visit. I do not remember it being in such bad shape. I like staying at the Hampton Inn and have stayed at many across the country. This one is not upholding the brand.

When I arrived I was greeted by the front desk attendant/manager Ivory. She was very pleasant and checked me in quickly. When I got to the room the air was not on but the room had a musty smell. I assumed it may have been because the room was not rented out in a while. However, when the air kicked on I realized it was the AC unit. I shut it off and looked at the unit and found that the fins were dirty with dust piled up. The filter screens were covered in dust and mold had started to form. I went back to the desk ready to check out because I could not stay in a room such as the one I was given.

Upon my return to the desk Ivory expressed to me that she was sorry about the issues with the room and that she would try her best to get me into a good room. She gave me two rooms and I was not going to try either but, she was so kind and genuine I decided to try another room. The first of the two room she gave me didn't have the problems with the AC. I went down, thanked her and started looking for dinner. The hotel has a great location as the Landfall restaurant shares a parking lot.

Once I returned to the room I ate and fell asleep or attempted to. I was roused from my sleep my the sound of the person in the room above mine walking across the floor and flushing their toilet. It was very loud as if they were stomping but I don't think they were. When I had a room on that level I could hear the floor boards with every step as if they were loose or on their last leg. Think old wooden house. I did not want to get up therefore I stayed put.

When I got up and started doing things I realized just how bad the room was. The hotel needs to be renovated. In the room I found a piece of dried up apple peel between the microwave/refrigerator stand and the dresser. It looked to have been there for about a day or two. There was dust all over the bathroom door. The desk chair had dust and hair on it. I wasn't sure if it was pet hair or not. The shower head was rusted, pink mold was forming and it was dirty therefore I never used it. The counter in the bathroom is chipped up and there is mold and grime around some of the fixtures. The ceiling had some work done to it and it was not repaired correctly. It looks tacky and it brings down the room. The carpet is old and should be replaced in the room and throughout he hotel. The furniture should be updated as well. The dresser and microwave/refrigerator stand have a lot of wear. The handles on the dresser or all tarnished with green around them. The carpet runner around the floor in the room and throughout the hotel is in bad shape in some areas. It appears to be warped from age or water damage.

The molding throughout the hotel to divide the wallpaper on the wall from what is below it looks to have glue keeping them together at the end of every section. It looks very bad. I understand the hotel is by the water and the salt water probably is hard on the building but it should be kept up much better.

I was scheduled to stay for two days but checked out after the first night once I paid more attention to the room. When I mentioned the noise from the floor above mine the attendant knew it was an issue. I try to look at the room before but when I'm travelling for business I am so tired when I get to my hotel I barely see anything.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Danie R
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This Hampton Inn like all Hampton's we have stayed at is beautiful! It is in great location overlooking the marinar in Georgetown. We walked out onto the marina walkway and spotted a alligator! The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable as always! Breakfast was very good and tasty.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel in an excellent location for small town sightseeing, sport fishing, and beach life. All within 30 minutes of hotel with tons of restaurants to satisfy all pallets. My only complaint would be that the bed pillows were too soft and the Pool too short.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield
Best Western Pawleys Island
Best Western Pawleys Island
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island

Been to Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina? Share your experiences!