“Georgetown, Bikers & Beaches!”

Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
“Georgetown, Bikers & Beaches!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife & I stayed here for a long weekend anniversary. Quick check in process and a very warm & inviting staff.
We had a king-size non-smoking marina view room on the 4th floor with a mini-fridge and microwave. Everything in the room looked fresh and new, only the bathroom looked like it could use an update. Good shower water pressure, no drain problems at all. AC fan has a strange sound for some reason but it worked fine.
Did not use the outdoor pool because it was a little cool that weekend but it looked to be in good shape.
The breakfast was typical Hampton, 2 hot items everyday. Each day there were different hot items so they had a good variety along with the waffle maker. Breakfast help was also pleasant.
There is a seafood bar & grill next door called Land's End that had good drinks, live music and outdoor seating available too.
This weekend was the Harley Biker fest in Myrtle but because Georgetown is about an hour south we only caught a small portion of it.
The Georgetown downtown is a nice little area with a Harbourwalk, marina, shops and restaurants. We ate at both the River Room & Big Tuna (i personally liked the Big Tuna better). Also Check out the Rum Raisin Ice cream at Sweeties - it's got some KICK!
Best food we had may have been at the El Cerro Grande Mexican restaurant, good drinks too and cheap.
Also toured with Capt Rod and had a fabulous lighthouse & shelling experience, if you want to learn history go with Capt Rod! This guy knows his stuff!
Georgetown is not on a beach. This hotel is located next to the Georgetown Landing Marina. It is within easy driving distance to beaches such as Pawley's Island, Huntington beach State Park and about an hour from Charleston.
Overall, a wonderful experience and fantastic staff I would definitely go back again!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor with a marina view!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Georgetown I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind review! We always love it when we get informative reviews so others may stay and find out what you have seen and love! Thank you again and we look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Teri Holland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel has a great appearance and location combined with outstanding desk personnel. I forced a window open to air the room out for an hour but as soon as I turned the air conditioner back on, mold / mildew overwhelmed the room. I stayed for another 30 minutes until my eyes started watering / itching and throat started burning. The desk was apologetic and very appropriate when I told them I could not stay any longer. I was not charged and Rita, in vain, attempted to find alternate accommodation for us. If maintenance gets up to speed AND OR puts screens back in the windows, I would attempt another stay.

Room Tip: Insist on checking the air quality before unloading the luggage !
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I really appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Georgetown Marina as your hotel of choice. I received your Tripadvisor review today of the issues you had with your air quality in your room. I want to personally apologize that this issue occurred in your room and that this is not acceptable. You can be assured that I have immediately addressed the issue and have taken action to resolve it.

I do want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am personally sorry that this was not the case during your stay with us. You can be confident that I have followed up and investigated your issues so that the next guest would not have the same problem. This is not typical of our hotel and I do sincerely apologize!

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We have stayed here many times when visiting family in Georgetown. This comment is to thank the reservations clerk for cancelling our most recent reservation because of a family emergency.
We were not able to give the required 24 hour notice for cancellations, but because of the circumstances that requirement was waived, which we very much appreciated.. We'll be staying here the next time we're in Georgetown.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of Winyah Bay.
Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you posting a review on Tripadvisor! We are very pleased that we could help you as we do understand certain circumstances arise and the cancellation policy may not be able to met. We are glad to hear you will be coming back and look forward to you and your family staying with us.

Winchester, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

It is a very nice hotel in a beautiful small town. Very accomodating and nicely decorated. And as always, love the bedding and pillows. Hampton Inn's are always consistant which is such a comfort when you travel as much as I do.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Always a nice stay at a Hampton Inn. Like most ocean /waterfront places there was a little smell in the hallways but everything was as clean as is expected. Had a wonderful stay can't wait to get back in July for a great friends wedding, and yes we will be staying at the Hampton.

Columbia, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Georgetown Hampton Inn is a great place to stay for coastal activities in the area. It was easy to get to McClellanville for the Shrimp Festival and up to Murrell's Inlet for a meal. Downtown Georgetown is just a skip away and really a treasure to tour.

Salisbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

You can see the hotel as you cross the bridge going into Georgetown, SC. Turn left at the light and you have arrived. The hotel is in a beautiful setting on the river, with a good seafood restaurant next door. And, you are just a short drive from the town's waterfront and historic district. Again, due to severe weather, we had to change our reservations and we want to thank IVORY HECTOR for her kindness and help. We stayed several days and she was always pleasant, smiling, asking if she could help us in anyway, etc. We had asked for a room as high up as possible, with a water view. She had noted it on the computer and accommodated our requests, smiling as she told us about our room. I'm enclosing a photo of the beautiful sunrise (taken from hotel window). She helped me with computer problems, gave us a map and directions, etc. She really made our stay pleasant and is a great ambassador for your hotel. Our room was spacious and very clean. Kudos to the housekeeping staff....we even received a "thank you" note for the tip we left one day (that's never happened before). I received a survey from Hampton Inn re our stay in Elizabeth City, NC but did not get one for this town....would like one so I could provide feedback to them!

Room Tip: Ask for room on 4th floor (top floor) with a water view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield
BEST WESTERN Pawleys Island
BEST WESTERN Pawleys Island
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island

Been to Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina? Share your experiences!