Carolinian Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Georgetown
See available hotels
Rodeway Inn(Georgetown)
Budget Inn(Georgetown)
Rodeway Inn(Pawleys Island)
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Brits on a road trip in the States, looking for a one night stopover. Main building looked interesting, though a little run down, but we took a chance. Staff were helpful, but the room we were given smelt INCREDIBLY musty. On the plus side, there's a great Mexican restaurant just along the road (the El Cerro Grande), and at the back of the property a stream with a wooden sign up reading "Please enjoy observing our alligators" - with a bite taken out of it! Great experience, even though we're unlikely to stay there ever again . . .

Room Tip: Ask to smell the room before you commit!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank footloosemusician
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

So, my boyfriend and I needed a place to stay in Georgetown but everywhere within our budget was booked so we went here. The office is located in a beautiful building, however it does have a funny smell. The room had a musty smell but it was not overpowering. Only 1 lamp had a lightbulb in it. The sheets were clean, but that's about all. The room looked clean at a glance until my bloyfriend saw a dead spider on th floor and there was water in our ice bucket. Ice machine did not work. No wifi and could not find the pool. Fridge did not work and it took about 10 minutes for the water to get warm enough to shower. But overall, not too bad for only $65.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank amathers92
Reviewed 8 July 2013

No phone in room, no radio, broken light cover above sink, NOT cleaned at all, except clean sheets on the bed. Never had been vacuumed at all, dusty furniture, greasy carpet, tons of dirt behind furniture and behind bed. Concrete floors on the outside absolutely DIRTY, chicken bones lying around for days. I realize a church is trying to repair the place, but it takes little time to clean the concrete on the outside and paint around doors and rails. They should only charge 40.00 nightly due to the terrible conditions of the place. Clerks had a NO-CARE attitude also!!!! But I could not get anywhere else to stay, so had to stay there during 4th of July 2013.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ruplestiltskin1900
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've stayed here for years and it has gradually gone down hill in appearance and amenities. New owners last year are trying to bring it back to the way it was in it's heyday. People were powerwashing outside ceilings and doors last year and got water in the cardkey locks. They still didn't work. Folks were working on them this week. Had to get someone from front office to let me back in the room when I returned from supper and lunch the next day.

Room Tip: downstairs if possible
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ralph L
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I can honestly say that in all my 60 years I've never seen such a dump! We had to change rooms twice, as the card keys didn't work,. There were no towels except for a dirty hand towel, which we threw on the floor over a huge puddle of water in front of the refrigerator. ( which turned black) the bathroom was beyond horrid, the sheets were dirty, and the list goes on... Be Forewarned!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple