“Best family buffet ”

Ranked #44 of 74 Restaurants in Georgetown
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Best family buffet with option to order from menu. Full breakfast bar open until 11 am, Full lunch/ dinner buffet 11 am until close 7 days a week. If you don't want buffet order from breakfast or lunch/dinner menu anytime of the day. Best value for your money.

1  Thank Winyah82
There are newer reviews for George's Restaurant

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We went there for the all you cat eat dinner buffet for $6.95 per person which included sweet tea and homemade desserts. I had their cakes which I had bought at the Farmer's Market and he had told me about the family's restaurant. The variety was impressive and the restaurant has a at home style. It appeared many of the people are regulars are they chatted among themselves at different tables. They also offer breakfast and lunch as well as ordering off the menu.

1  Thank Victoria t
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stopped here on way to Pawley's Island by chance. Nothing fancy for sure, but very good cooking! We had the lunch buffet and it was delicious. Our server was very congenial and made sure we had everything we needed. My elderly mom is very picky and she loved it as well. Felt like we were stepping back in time and that is not a bad thing. Very dated inside but clean and friendly atmosphere. Would definitely return - especially for a piece of that fried chicken!!!

3  Thank legalwife
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I keep saying, I'm never going back and then a few months later, I go back only to be even more disgusted than I was the time before that. I have yet to have a positive experience in this establishment

3  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 22 May 2012

It is located a couple of blocks west of the Hwy. 17 & 701 intersection. Look closely to the right when traveling west on Highmarket. Restaurant has a sign on the front of the building, but, it is not lighted. They begin serving breakfast at 5:00 AM, either buffet or from the menue. What can I say, the coffee was properly brewed and served hot in a heavy ceramic cup, breakfast from the menue was served promptly by an efficent waitress with a big smile and a friendly word, followed by timely visits with refills of hot coffee. Grits were properly cooked, smooth & creamy, eggs were prepared as ordered and served with choice of breakfast meat and toast. All this at a very reasonable price. I have also tried their lunch buffet and again, I have nothing but praise for the food, service and price. This is my 1st choice for breakfast and lunch when in Georgetown, SC.

4  Thank Jim M