“OUTSTANDING!!!”

The Humble Crumb
Ranked #14 of 73 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: House made, from-scratch, all natural foods with and eclectic and artsy atmosphere. A true "mom and pop" full service restaurant.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I almost hate to write this review. The Humble Crumb is a small cozy eatery. Its like eating at your grandmothers house for Sunday dinner. There are quiet conversations around you,the aroama walfting in from the kitchen. Hot Fresh bread cooling, the ocasional clanging of pots, food being freshly prepared. And when the food is served, its hot from the stove. Large portions, if requested, prepared how you like it. Friendly owners and staff. I almost want to keep this a secret, its to good not to share. I proposed to by wife there and we go back every chance we get.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

As a local I had heard of this place and finally made it to lunch. Boy I have been missing out on an Outstanding experience. The food was exceptional and the service was very pleasant. Definitely become a favorite haunt

1  Thank Analuke
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The food here is really good. I eat lunch & dinner here several times a month. Great panni sandwiches and at the beginning of summer ask if they have their "Green Bean" sandwich. Sounds weird, but is REALLY good! Scrumptious Italian entrees for dinner - the baked ziti is the best comfort food ever! They make their own bread and have gelato. Prices are very reasonable & the service is good, too.

1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Coldest beer in town. Great calzones and nice people. Great atmosphere and reasonably priced. Very good pizza too

1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

My father had just been released from the hospital....we had been stuck in Georgetown for about a week unexpectedly. Mom found this restaurant and DAd was excited when he saw the eggplant parm. It is a quaint little place, not dirty, pleasant. Waitress was nice, very accommodating. My father and I planned to split an antipasto appetizer and a plate of eggplant parmagiana. The salad was delicious, homemade vinigarette was very tasty. Mom ordered pasta marinara and quite enjoyed it. Sauce was truly homemade and had flavor, not just a tomato sauce.
Our eggplant parm came and my jaw almost dropped, because the portion was so small! I felt bad that I offered to split it with my father. There were about 5 slices of eggplant ( maybe 2 in diameter if we were lucky), and a portion of pasta. I will say that it had great flavor, but I expected a much greater portion, especially for the $12 price tag.
Others in the restaurant ordered pizzas and they looked delectable, as well as the burgers that were stacked tall.
Overall, this place was nice, just expected more, meaning larger portions, out of an Italian restaurant.

3  Thank Agulick