“True low-country dining”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Aunie's is a "must do" when in Georgetown. Great low-country cuisine and very friendly service. We're going to bring out-of-town guests back later this week.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We visit South Carolina to visit family regularly and Aunny's is one of our favorite spots. There are always several great choices on the menu, homemade desserts and good old southern hospitality abounds. The prices are also quite reasonable.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Bad food. Great service. Had shrimp & grits. Shrimp were cooked until rubbery. Grits were a good texture but flavorless, not even a hint of butter, and.... if you're going to serve it with gravy at least do homemade instead of the high msg stuff from a package. Gravy is not that difficult and less expensive to do homemade. The okra in the butter beans had been cooked until they had dissolved and turned to complete slime. The shrimp,grits and beans were ebible but no more than that. The cabbage was even worse - so bad the waitress had to take them away because they smelled like tainted or rotted meat. Made me think the seasoning meat had gone bad before they cooked it and tried to salvage it in hopes no one would notice. Unfortunately, I had a small fork full in my mouth before I figured it out. I've cooked a lot of greens in my life including cabbage and they should never smell that way. It was just nasty. I'm now laying around with a bloated belly waiting for the big blow and I know it's coming. Hope your evening is more pleasant than mine. Bon apetit :/

1  Thank TandTNewBern
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We fell upon this place accidentally when travelling around South Carolina. Being from Australia we were struck by the "real southern" feel. If you want authentic food and atmosphere and you are in Georgetown I would give it a go. All the other restaurants are the usual fare. It is right at the end of the restaurant strip and we felt lucky we passed all the others to find this delight. Unfortunately we only stayed for coffee and on cook's recommendation had the pound cake. We really wanted to try black eyed beans, collared greens, smothered chops all of which we hadn't heard of before.
There is a religious quote on every table....it is a family run business with grandma and nephew working there as well. We liked it and were very happy to have this Southern experience. Since then we have had all of the above and more as we travelled around.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food is great! Would recommend this restaurant to anyone who's looking for a home cooked meal away from home!