“Beautiful”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We were in town for the bridge to bridge race. Had a good dinner. Friendly severs. Would recommend. *

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Cute little restaurant with great food and a view of the wharf. You can dine inside or outside when the weather is nice. I love seafood and especially when we are near the beach. They have a good variety of choices on their menu!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

What a charming restaurant on the water in historic Georgetown, South Carolina. We had stopped for lunch and asked to see the menu. Alas, no Low Country classic Shrimp and Grits. But the hostess asked if we would like the chef to make one up. What?? A meal made to order? You have to be kidding! Nope, she said its not busy and the chef is really good. Apprehensive I said ok. Surprise surprise. It was genuine shrimp and grits and as good as I've had anywhere. Come to find out the hostess owned the restaurant (recently purchased) and was as nice as could be. She even had a new Reisling wine and poured my wife a 1/2 glass complimentary. Highly recommend quiet Georgetown and this amazing restaurant. Our experience was completely different from some of the other comments. Maybe the new owner??

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and i went in to eat, kind of late. We wanted chicken parm only to find out the menu has changed. And not for the good. We were reluctant to stay. If it weren't for our server we would have left. Thats besides the point. The owner and the general manager were behind the bar area making out and rubbing all over eachother. No one wants to see that while they're out to eat. Thats besides the point. We ordered the Greek dip appetizer and it was dry. The pita chips that come with the dip almost broke my tooth. Then we got a salad with beets and goat cheese. It wasnt that great. Last but not least we recieved our entrees about an hour after we ordered. My husband got the Lamb Meatballs. The sauce was awful and dry and the gnocchi was over cooked. My entree was worse than my husbands. I ordered the chicken. Nothing to write home about. So overall our experience wasnt pleasant and we wont be returning. The new menu is a big flop and i think they made a horrible decision on changing the menu when the old menu was excellent. I was also sad to hear they no longer have chef Jeremy with them. We will never be back.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We have been to Portofinos numerous times over the past several years and went expecting their usual Italian offerings prepared the way we liked. Isn't this why you typically return to a restaurant? Before making our reservation, I checked their website for the telephone number and browsed the dinner menu. Many favorites listed. Imagine our surprise when we arrived and were given a menu completely different from the one online. Our group of twelve was probably equally divided. Some were very happy with the dinner selections, others got by with pizza and a salad. What we had was good but certainly not what was expected. Someone needs to update that website.