“Had better”

El Cerro Grande of Georgetown
Ranked #22 of 73 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 July 2014

It wasn't terrible, but I doubt we would try it again. Service was somewhat slow even though with the late afternoon stop we made on our way to the Grand Strand there wasn't much of a crowd. Despite many open tables we were seated at the one where the air conditioner was dripping down where one of my party was seated. Food was OK, nothing memorable. Definitely had better.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

1st I must say I was a little hesitant at first to go to a Mexican restaurant on our first day of vacation in Georgetown. I was thinking seafood, but my wife (from Colombia) wanted something with some Spanish flair on a cool & rainy afternoon.
Walked in and not very busy on a Thursday around 2pm, nice decor, traditional Mexican music playing (thankfully not reggeatone) and a very pleasant staff, even a couple of the people at the bar nodded their heads in approval as we were being seated.
My wife started off with a Margarita (big glass, good price). The bartender girl brought our some chips/salsa and we started to look over the menu. There is a lunch menu from 11-3pm and a lot of good values to be had.
I personally got the Chciken Fajitas lunch meal and it was HUGE! Rice, salad, sour cream, guacamole,tomato along with the chicken (peppers, onions etc) and two flour tortillas. The amount of food you get for the price was astounding (mine was 8.99).
You will not go home hungry at this place and if you do it's your own fault!
Fabulous service, friendly people and other customers even waived goodbye when we left.
I will be back one day again no doubt.

1  Thank Tony C
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I go to El Cerro Grande at least once a month, all times of the day, and have ordered everything from juevos rancheros to taco salad. Everything they make is delicious, attractive and filling.
Their salsa and chips are unsurpassed; service attentive and authentic!

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Lots of food for the money! HUGE serving of shrimp with cream sauce! Tasty but not the best Mexican food I ever had.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stopped here for the first time on our way to Charleston, SC from Myrtle Beach. Great food and huge portions. We went back again from Myrtle beach.