“A good surprise for lunch”
Review of Alfresco Bistro

Alfresco Bistro
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Georgetown
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Alfresco Bistro is an authentic Italian Restaurant. We are located in the heart of Georgetown on Front St! We offer Lunch and Dinner daily! We also serve Brunch every Sunday. We offer live bands every Friday and Saturday Night from 7 until 10! Come join us and bring your friends and family!
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

We were told it is relatively new but it looked good and they offered better gluten free options than the other nearby restaurants.
The meatball sandwich was delicious with the house salad for my side. The chicken Parmesan was gluten free and marinara on both dishes was excellent.

1  Thank Mark_37923

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Last night dinner for two was a delight - starting with the Lobster/Mushroom Bisque all the way through to our strawberry cream dessert. One entree was the evening special - large prawns with pesto spaghetti garnished with half a roasted tomato and the other entree was shrimp and lobster crepes. To sum it up - we could not have been more pleased with the food experience, Todd was a stellar server, and we cannot wait to go again - perhaps tonite!!!

1  Thank SuThom
Reviewed 23 July 2012

A small quaint place, about 6 tables, but very comfortable. The food, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, Is a 9.5. A ten is nearly impossible to achieve. An ecletic menu borrows from several different cuisines, but this is not to say that the menu is all over the place. Everything on the menu is delitefully tastful, and artfully presented. Try the Mac n' Cheese, loaded with chunks of fresh Lobster meat; it is Nirvava! Chef Eddy was the Executive Chef at " Portofina's on the Wharf", which is directly across the street from Eddy's new Restaurant. The owner of Portofina's made a huge business destroying decision when he let Eddy go, one that he is sure to regret. I hear the food @ Portofina's went from A+ to D. I wonder why? I will NEVER eat there again. I had 2 groups of relatives stay with me over the last month, and all 3 of their visits to the Bistro were fantastic! Eddy's Sous Chef, Lisa, is more than ready for the task at hand; she would make any Chef proud. The Hostess/Waitress, Jennifer, and Waiter Todd, are top pro's at what they do; if a problem arises, which I highly doubt will ever happen, they take care of it briskly, and might I add Professionally. too. Give this new place a try; this comes from a man who knows good food, as I have a Degree in Culnary Arts & Restaurant Management. What are you waiting for??? Get Going???

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Me and my wife had lunch here a few weeks ago. It is very small (about 8 tables or so), and despite its name, does not feature outdoor dining. The food was pretty good - the bisque I had almost had a pimento cheese taste (a good thing for me). Its the third italian style restaurant in small Georgetown; it is probably even with Portofinos, and you can't really compare this place to the Humble Crumb (totally different vibe and food). I heard the place recently starting selling beer and wine - so I will probably go back to try dinner now. Definitely worth a try if you are in town for a few days.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

What a find!!! This little place was great!!!!!

My husband and I were very pleased--- and we expect supreme service!!!

The food was excellently prepared and presented. Chef Eddy gave us the personal touch we prefer-- spicing up our entree to our specifications!!

Our server, Todd-- could not have delivered better service. He was attentive and cordial. His recommendations were "right on" and our meal was one of the best ever!!! We wanted to lick our plates!!!

If you visit Georgetown, put this on your list of places to visit-- you will not be disappointed!!!!

We will definitely come here on our next trip to this area!