“Delightful, delicious dining experience.”
Review of Alfresco Bistro

Alfresco Bistro
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Louis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful, delicious dining experience.”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We just left the restaurant after having the salmon with salsa and bbq pork tacos. The best tacos we have ever had! The chef sent out a second piece of salmon because he felt the first was too small. Generous fantastic experience and the spumoni finished it all off very well. Definitely recommend this restaurant. Wish it was in St. Louis :)

1 Thank TripCharleston

Louisville, Kentucky
“A MUST when in town!!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We lunched there in July while on vacation and had the best experience, ever! Our waitress was so friendly and very knowledgeable of the menu. We ordered the Turkey wrap with pasta salad, goat cheese appetizer, California Cobb salad, and a Caesar salad. We ate everything on our plates, it was so good!!! Traveling from Europe to the States and eating in many, many places, this one is TOP NOTCH!!! It reminded me of my home in Europe, the fantastic foods, the flair, the décor, the ambiente, 5 STARS!!!! You must go when in town!!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank MissMonalisa2
Burlington, NC
“A step below River Room but good”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Fresh local wahoo for me and a wonderful 6 oz filet for my wife. Server would vanish from time to time

1 Thank ncsccrdad
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“First Time Review....Just Had Too!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

First of all, I am not a owner or an employee of this restaurant. I am however a co-owner of another restaurant a few doors down from Alfresco. Some may question why I would rate Alfresco as 5 stars and give them this positive review. The answer is simple. It is because of the previous review and how unfair and unfortunate I think it is that some people can leave a negative review about something that the owners of Alfresco have no control over. And how unfortunate it is that such a review can have a negative impact. If you knew the owners of this Bistro and seen for yourself the hard work and dedication they put into it, it would be hard for anyone to give them anything less than 5 stars. They strive to make every customer happy with dishes that are in my opinion, works of art. The owners started out a couple years ago with 8 tables and through hard work and determination, and by serving great tasting and quality food, have managed to grow this restaurant and expand to now accommodate more than 70 people at once. The chef and co-owner knows his stuff and works hard to ensure that every dish that is delivered to a table is properly prepared and beautifully presented. Alfresco has earned a reputation in Georgetown of being a fine dining establishment. Everyone in the restaurant business can learn lessons from this chef, and I can guarantee you that you will not find better Italian dishes in this area. My fiancee and I have enjoyed many dishes from Alfresco and each one has always been delicious and served by a professional and courteous wait staff. With that said, I also know for a fact how hard it can be to satisfy every single customer that walks in the door. The comment about "a sort of restaurant for an intimate dinner, rather than one that children would enjoy" stands out to me because the reviewer is blaming the restaurant for something that is out of their control. Parents make choices of where to eat and are responsible for their children's behavior, certainly not the owners of this restaurant. If Alfresco had refused service to this group, negative comments possibly would have been said about that too. So you win some, you lose some. My advise to the previous reviewer is if you do not want to be bothered by children, go somewhere that doesn't allow them. As far as Alfresco Bistro, you will not be disappointed. The food is excellent and everyone is welcome. See for yourself why most of us other restaurant owners in Georgetown have such high regard for Alfresco and agree that they do in fact deserve 5 stars.

7 Thank sglawson
North Carolina
“Fair first visit”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Our party ate inside on a Friday night. "Intimate interior" quickly becomes cramped/loud with just a few tables seated. (Will certainly try patio next time.)
We chose several standards from the menu, including stuffed flounder, veal piccata, and pork chops. All were good, but nothing really special (though the asparagus was terrific!). We followed with two desert specials that were very nice.
Service was hit/miss. While friendly, she would disappear often; we had to retrieve our own missing flatware, and also request additional water/drinks.
So overall...we'll probably give them another try, but there are several other options nearby we'll try first.

2 Thank Jay C