“Home cooked meal”

Thomas Cafe
Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Home cooked meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

You don't have to spend a lot to get a good low country meal. I love fried green tomatoes but couldn't resist the lunch special for $7.95. Ham or garlic chicken, three sides, biscuit or cornbread and/or coffee-tea. So instead of a full basket of tomatoes I got a 1/2 basket and still couldn't finish. Location isn't fancy but the atmosphere is friendly and great service.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Gail P

Thomasville, North Carolina
“Went to Myrtle Beach Bike Week and took a little trip to Georgetown!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Me and my husband decided to go see this little town. It was a nice ride- we were hungry and I love little places that have Southern charm. Thomas"!!!! My hubby had the Shrimp n grits ( comes with fried green tomatoes) He loved it. I had the crabcake sandwich with homemade fries. We plan on going back next time we are down. Yes it takes a bit to get your food but it is worth it. Service is friendly with a smile.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Debbie K
Ottawa, Canada
“Fun and”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stopped at this restaurant for breakfast at the recommendation of some of the local residents we had met. We were not disappointed. It is a place that the is frequented by many locals. It is always a good sign if the food is good enough for repeat customers, not just one time tourists. The atmosphere is that of a diner and this is the type of food you should expect. We enjoyed our breakfast and the service was friendly and helpful.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Margery L
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Cooked to order??”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Food was fine. Onion rings especially good. My husband had the Philly Cheese Steak and said it was one of the best he's had. I had the grilled fish sandwich. Would have like a bigger piece of fish but what I had was good. Nice to have it grilled instead of fried. I had the fries, fat ones, that could have been done a bit more. My only complaint would have been the time it took to get our order. It was not busy but it seem to take forever. This is our second time eating here and it took a long time before. Would still go back again.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Baefer
Lakeland, Florida
“May try the Pilay (ham, chicken, pork & smoked sausage) next time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Thomas Cafe
703 Front Street
Georgetown, SC 29440-3625
843-546-7776

Visited here 1/24/14. My wife asked a couple coming out the Cafe how they liked the food. They said it was good and we had better hurry if we wanted to try there as they close at 2:00 and it was almost that time now. We opted to give them a try. You step back in time to the era of Diners when you enter. There is a long counter down one side, booths (which look like they could be hard to get in and out of) on the other and a row of tables and chairs down the middle. We sat at the last table away from the door (cold that day; about 29 degrees) but the place was still not all that warm. Server said it was hard to keep the place warm with everyone coming and going.

After going over the menu; decided to go with the special of the day. With the special you could have either southern fried flounder or Pilay (ham, chicken, pork & smoked sausage) and 3 sides (hopping Johns (a rice mixture), baked beans, buttered carrots, cold slaw, mixed fruit, vanilla cream cake or potato salad for $8.00 and the drink is included. Not knowing about the Pilay, we opted for the grouper.

The two grouper pieces were sliced a little too thin and had a little too much breading to be anything other than OK. Wife like the hopping johns and I thought the potato salad was good other than it had a couple of ‘large chunks’ of potato. The carrots tasted good but should have been warmer. We got the cake as one of our sides. It was moist and tasted very good; however, the portion was small.

Service was prompt and friendly and our tea glass was kept filled without having to ask. All in all, it was an interesting café and for $8.00 a good deal. I waffled between average and very good but wife leaning to very good… so be it.

• Visited January 2014