“THE BEST BY FAR”

Quality Inn & Suites Georgetown
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed 24 August 2013

On a business assignment, I have stayed at this truly outstanding Inn for four months. My fine first impressions have not only been fulfilled but extended. Staying here is the next thing to being home. Every member of the staff has been thoroughly professional in his/her work, very quick to respond to my requests, large or small--not just courteous, but eager to help, warm and friendly. The high standard they work so hard to uphold has never failed me. If every Quality Inn comes up to the standards here, I will never stay anywhere else when traveling. I recommend this Inn to any and all. Of course, it has all the amenities--beautifully kept pool, excellent free breakfast, attractive landscaping, palmetto trees and plantings around the pool, etc. All this, and a lovely view of the bay from my room! What else could you want?

Room Tip: Facing the bay!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 August 2013

My family and I had planned a trip to myrtle beach sc on my birthday. The hotel we had reservations at for over 3 weeks had lied to us their the 3 party we had booked through. They said it was on the ocean and pet friendly. My family and I had traveled over 3.5 hours to get there to find out they were not only not on the water but didn't take dogs. WHEN I CALLED MY 3 RD PARTY COMPANY TO HELP ME THEY COULDN'T HELP ME . I WAS SO UPSET!!!!! The lady at the front desk told us she had a friend at Quality Inn and she call her. Her friend had one room left at the same price as this dump we were to stay at Thank God!!! We had go 10 miles out of our way but what a treat. The front desk lady was so nice and understood I was so upset with other place she tried so had to make me happy. Our room wasn't cleaned and ready yet she let my family and dog cotton come in we loved it in the a/c , it was 94 outside so hot. When we got our room it was so cold we loved it. The next morning we had a 5 star breakfast including grits, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, and you could make your own waffle cool ,and etc. The pool was clean the property was nice clean and the room was 2 rooms ,livingroom with ref. and microwave. The place was so nice and the staff was wonderful. I will always try to find a Quality Inn to stay and they have my business and 5 star review.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Enjoyed our stay. The hotel is an older one, but room was clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast choices were adequate, although we would have enjoyed home-made grits. Great stay for the price. Close to the waterfront. Staff was helpful and friendly. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this from a King Suite at Quality Inn at 7:30 am. My family is not peacefully resting as we are listening to our smoke detector chirping.*beep* It sounds like it is asking for a new battery, but on closer inspection in seems to be hard wired into the wall.
I called the front desk and they said they would send a maintenance man as soon as he got in. Its 7 am at a hotel! no maintenance? I asked for a manager and was told there would be no manager until Monday. I mentioned wanting to speak to someone about a partial refund for the smoke detector going off all night and was told that there was someone on duty all night and why didn't I call earlier.... Am i in the wrong here? Its your responsibility!! *Beep*
Two questions ... Did you not admit there is no maintenance person on duty anyway? And does the Quality Inn in Georgetown South Carolina only provide their guests with restful sleep until a certain time of the morning??!! What time would that be? 7am?!! *beep*
We have stayed at this hotel for one night for the past several years on our way to a coastal vacation. We have recommended it to our friends who do the same. We pay a little more for a suite. I think we are great customers! mot feeling like that today.
Our relationship has just taken a bad turn not just because of the smoke detector but also the handling of our complaint by unhelpful front desk staff. *beep*

• Stayed: July 2013
Racheal W, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Sometimes it's hard to accept that we have left our guests with a less than stellar impression of our hotel. We sincerely apologize that the smoke alarm inconvenience was not handled as promptly and courteously as it should have been. We appreciate your continuous patronage of our property and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to make a better impression. As a preventive measure we have reiterated the importance of checking batteries in smoke alarms DAILY with our Housekeeping staff and Maintenance. Our goal is to not have another guest disturbed in this manner. We work diligently everyday, to offer our guests excellent service and it is a constant learning process. We appreciate your help in making us better. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at the hotel @ (843)546-5656.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is the best place to stay in Georgetown. The hotel rooms are clean, the hotel grounds are well kept, and the pool is always clean. My family stays here several times every summer when we go flounder gigging at the coast. The staff is super friendly and professional. They remember us by name and are always extremely courteous and accommodating. They always go the extra mile for us. Free breakfast is always delicious.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel in early June as part of a conference that took place at the hotel. Everyone at the hotel was more than nice -- they went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. The conference facilities were very good -- although the big meeting room is long and thin, those at the back could still hear and see just fine. The rooms were clean and set up just the way we wanted them.

The rooms have been somewhat updated. The bed (king) was very comfortable with a nice comforter and four great pillows artfully arranged. All of the furnishing were new (albeit cheaply made) and looked very nice. The carpeting was new and new wallpaper and paintings were on the walls. The curtains were great; closing well (the windows look out onto the walkway next to the doors). The air conditioner is the usual in the wall model that was a little loud, but it covered any noise that might have been outside, and the temperature was very comfortable (it was very hot and humid outside). The bathroom is a little scary. The sink and commode was nice and clean and modern, but the tub hasn't been replaced since the place was built. The surface is lightly scratched with permanent stains and probably unremovable mold in some of the corners -- I can't imagine anyone taking a bath in it! The ceiling in the shower is very low and the light fixture is right next to the shower curtain rod and extends below it. A little disconcerting. But the showerheads and handles have been replaced, so the stream was good.

The pool is in the middle of the square-shaped building. It isn't cleaned well each day so there are a good bit of floaties (leaves, hair), but everyone who went in enjoyed the cooling dip. There are plenty of smallish towels available just inside the main building door steps away.

The breakfast is great. Plenty of fresh eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, the two waffle makers worked well, different breads to toast, different cereals, plus coffee, juices, milks. The fresh fruit is whole, so easy to nab one for the road.

The friendliness of the staff really makes this hotel, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Since there are no inside corridors, if you're alone ask for a room facing the pool, which faces...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Traveled to South Carolina to visit in-laws with the family for Mother's Day weekend. Had made a reservation at the Harbor Inn (horrible) !!...we called the Quality Inn and went right over we were greeted by Rachael (front desk) she was amazing she went out here way to make us feel better after such a horrible experience at the previous property. The room was great 2queen beds that were perfect for us (2adults,2kids and a baby) she arranged for a pack and play for the baby for the following day, whch was placed in the room by another young lady at the front desk the following morning that was as well beyond helpful. I loved my stay room, bathroom, service have no complaints.
Thank You....ladies for making my Mother's Day weeekend nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina
Best Western Pawleys Island
Best Western Pawleys Island
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!