“Not a bad hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites Georgetown
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This hotel stay was not bad. The hotel itself is older and the rooms are basic. There is an outdoor pool in the center courtyard which the rooms surround. The front desk was slow but it was late at night. The breakfast was provided and was again very basic but did the job. Not enough tables to accommodation all the diners on a holiday weekend. The hotel staff was quick to refill the breakfast as needed. Overall, not a bad place to stay in Georgetown, but dont expect top end hotel amenities.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D R
Racheal W, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you so much for your honest review of our hotel. You are absolutely right our hotel is an older property. In regards to that, we completed an entire hotel renovation in 2007 and we are always working at keeping our property in excellent shape. Our goal is to provide impeccably clean rooms at affordable rates with outstanding service!
Thank you so much for noticing all of the great things that we do as well. We do hope that you will stay with us again when you are in Georgetown.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights around labor day. The rooms could use a good end of season scrubbing (door frames, walls, carpet shampoo, bathroom grout and ceiling bleaching and the like), but as mentioned the season was just winding down. The daily housekeeping duties were done very well. They could use a good highly skilled maintenance man or two, as the hotel is showing it's age and the 'patches' just aren't holding up well. Salt air and time and people are hard on a structure. The staff was SUPER friendly and helpful. Pool was nice, breakfast was tasty and fresh. Easy drive to amenities but not much choice in food within walking distance. Standard hotel room, a little small, good for a night or 2, not a good spot for vacation. Our worst problem was trying to read the settings on the AC unit (they have been rubbed off with time).

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The staff at this hotel go above and beyond to make you feel at home. They are very flexible and attentive. The complementary breakfast includes biscuits, hot eggs, sausage, and gravy in addition to the usual hotel breakfast items. On weekends, the breakfast is available until 10 am, which is also nice.

The pool is well maintained.

The rooms are clean and quiet, there are a few spots with faded paint and peeling wallpaper. The beds are firm and comfortable.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Very nice hotel at great price! The staff was very friendly and gave us great advice about where to eat and how best to get to the ocean. The room was comfortably sized with a great bed and pillows. My friend enjoyed the fitness center and beautifully landscaped pool. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. Options included sausage and eggs as well as pastries and cereal and delicious coffee.

Highly recommended! We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 24 August 2013

On a business assignment, I have stayed at this truly outstanding Inn for four months. My fine first impressions have not only been fulfilled but extended. Staying here is the next thing to being home. Every member of the staff has been thoroughly professional in his/her work, very quick to respond to my requests, large or small--not just courteous, but eager to help, warm and friendly. The high standard they work so hard to uphold has never failed me. If every Quality Inn comes up to the standards here, I will never stay anywhere else when traveling. I recommend this Inn to any and all. Of course, it has all the amenities--beautifully kept pool, excellent free breakfast, attractive landscaping, palmetto trees and plantings around the pool, etc. All this, and a lovely view of the bay from my room! What else could you want?

Room Tip: Facing the bay!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My family and I had planned a trip to myrtle beach sc on my birthday. The hotel we had reservations at for over 3 weeks had lied to us their the 3 party we had booked through. They said it was on the ocean and pet friendly. My family and I had traveled over 3.5 hours to get there to find out they were not only not on the water but didn't take dogs. WHEN I CALLED MY 3 RD PARTY COMPANY TO HELP ME THEY COULDN'T HELP ME . I WAS SO UPSET!!!!! The lady at the front desk told us she had a friend at Quality Inn and she call her. Her friend had one room left at the same price as this dump we were to stay at Thank God!!! We had go 10 miles out of our way but what a treat. The front desk lady was so nice and understood I was so upset with other place she tried so had to make me happy. Our room wasn't cleaned and ready yet she let my family and dog cotton come in we loved it in the a/c , it was 94 outside so hot. When we got our room it was so cold we loved it. The next morning we had a 5 star breakfast including grits, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, and you could make your own waffle cool ,and etc. The pool was clean the property was nice clean and the room was 2 rooms ,livingroom with ref. and microwave. The place was so nice and the staff was wonderful. I will always try to find a Quality Inn to stay and they have my business and 5 star review.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Enjoyed our stay. The hotel is an older one, but room was clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast choices were adequate, although we would have enjoyed home-made grits. Great stay for the price. Close to the waterfront. Staff was helpful and friendly. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina
Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
#1 of 6 in Pawleys Island
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!