“OK...but”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
mzad811
“OK...but”
Reviewed 15 April 2009

reservation problem and GM had an attitude...used condom in fold-out bed

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 26 November 2008

We are from Orlando, Fl., was there celebrating our wedding anniversay and also visited Andrews, SC to the Church Gospel Meeting at the Church of Christ. The people were very nice to us. They invited us to dinner and the food was great,smiles. We checked in the hotel at 10:30 p.m. on Oct. 25, '08 and the front desk staff was very nice. She gave us all the information that we needed. We parked and had to go upstairs and around the pool side to our room. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The room was clean every night when we came back to the hotel. We stayed for 3 nights and the continential breakfast was above great. The waffee maker was the best,smiles. They had cold cereal, fruit, coffee, juice, boiled eggs, sausage, bagels, toast, milk, tea, no hot grits, but only the packet instant grits and oatmeal. We enjoyed the breakfast very much and watch t.v. while eating. The price was a little higher than the other hotels around but we did enjoy ourselves. The back parking lot smells bad at times. We were told that it was the paper mill factory, the smoke goes in the air, we did see the mill when we visited Georgetown. We went on a Georgetown tour in the back of the buggy, took photos. The restaurant next to the rice museum, is a must. I had crabcake burger, Fried green tomotatoes, shepards pie and mac n cheese, the old lady sitting next to us, well! the young lady, her onion rings sure did look good and they give you plenty to eat for your money,smiles, yum! yum! We would stay here again. It was cold but we slept very good and we felt safe. Our car was fine. We were concerned because we could not see our car but we did see security every now and then on the property. The people in Georgetown was very nice to us. We were concerned since we were a mixed couple visiting a town that has very strong ties to racial and slave histories. We were given a strong and fantastic history (comentary&tour). I forgot the name of the tour company but it's across the street and about two houses down from the rice museum, they also have a gift shop in the house,smiles. Very nice people, made us feel like family. I found a gift for my school professors wedding,smiles. We walked around all over Georgetown, on the pier and in the shops. We hope to go back and visit again soon in the future. LB.

• Liked — The continential breakfast
  • Disliked — I could not see my car in the parking lot and had to walk a lot to bring my stuff in and out of the room.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank labee57
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 October 2008

I'll first start off by saying we are 'hotel snobs', usually staying at the top hotel in the city, and avoiding american chain hotels. We stayed at Quality Inn for 2 nights as we were in town for a wedding. It delivered as promised - a basic room, very good service, and a decent breakfast.

I was impressed with the quality of service I received at check in / as well as making the reservation over the phone. The hotel staff was quite knowledgable about the area.

Breakfast included the 'do-it-yourself' belgian waffle maker - a nice treat!

The room was clean - but pretty basic. We were on the ground floor - which I can't ever remember having a ground floor room (I warned you I'm a snob!!) There is a decent hairdryer - but the bathroom ceiling I found to be unusually low (I'm 5'7" and when showering / arms in the air they hit the ceiling.) One downer was that our room didn't get cleaned -- probably cause we were in the room until 10ish - then returned from 12-2pm to get ready for the wedding with the Do Not Disturb on the door. No big deal - I can manage one night without my room cleaned as long as I get some towels.

I stayed there as out of the 3 hotels in the area (Jamison, Quality, and Hampton) Quality had the best reviews on trip advisor, AND was the least expensive.

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank Service_Sommelier
South Carolina
Reviewed 18 July 2008

We stayed at the Quality Inn Georgetown, sc July 11, 12, 13,08.
I had gotten a low quote from Orbitz off Trip Advisor, but after two attempts Orbitz could not make it happen. I called the hotel directly and LaTonya was so friendly and helpful. She gave us a private two-room two bath suite with a view over the marsh. She let us have it at the regular room rate bec the reqd room was not available due to the fact that they were almost full with a family reunion. It was a lovely, comfortable suit. We felt almost on our own. Every single employee from the pool person to the breakfast room lady to the desk folks including La Tonya were so friendly and helpful. They kept a tight rein on the noise and crowd from that reunion, which we appreciated. The pool was clean and had plenty of towels. We had stayed at Hampton Inn before because it was on the intercoastal but the view of the marsh was about the same and this is half that cost. We had also stayed at Jamison Inn when it was new. it is ok but much smaller rooms and less friendly. There were lots of tourist brochures and advice. Just a great experience. We will go again as soon as we can. M and K Shew, Chapin, sc

• Liked — friendliness and efficiency of staff and cleanliness of room and location
  • Disliked — it is a bit old fashioned and dated in style with the furnishings etc but clean and neat
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank misshonoria
South Florida, USA
Reviewed 7 November 2007

We were in Town to attend My Grandparents 70th Wedding Anniversary weekend. This Hotel was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were nicely decorated, clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast is provided each morning from 6-9 weekdays and 6-10 weekends. They also have internet access and a computer office room their guests can use to check emails or whatever they need to do until 11 pm at night. My college age daughter took use of that for her homework while we were there. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is resonably priced and I would definitely stay there again.

Deb S
Boynton Beach, FL

• Liked — Clean, Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing I was totally satisfied
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Robsmama
North Jersey/NY
Reviewed 21 October 2007

My family booked 4 rooms in October 2007 and the motel was gracious with our requests.

Georgetown is located between Myrtle Beach and Charleston and makes for the perfect layover. The hotel property is very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. The rates are affordable and a deluxe continental breakfast is offered each morning making it very convenient for all.

• Liked — Clean property, Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Suites are located in the rear of the motel
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelsMyMidleName
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina
Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
#1 of 6 in Pawleys Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,638 reviews
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!