“Y'all have a good view of this mom and pop home”

The Shaw House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Georgetown
The Shaw House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Yes, it's cluttered and there's no separate guest spot. But I stayed here before coming to live in Georgetown for a time, and Mary and Joe could not have been sweeter. Totally interested in me and my life, they did seem like a new elderly Southern aunt and uncle. I ended up settling in the neighborhood and Mary came to shop our yard sale. She told me all about her children and their life, and was perfectly happy for me to get my binoculars and bird watch the marsh that fronts their home.

So, en fin, for Souther hospitality, y'all can't beat the Shaw House. If you want a fancy breakfast and uncluttered surroundings, find a different place in G'town.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank anitaowl

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Charming place, wonderful hosts. Amazing view and walking distance to the historic waterfront. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ILMDUST
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I felt exactly like I was visiting my aunt and uncle. The aunt and uncle who loved me; were always glad to see me and made me feel at home. The ones who always had time to sit down, talk and spend time with me. The same ones who had the time to spend with me because they let their house go! If you want to visit with the wonderful, aging, sight impaired inn keepers, in their home, this is the place for you! If you want a well run, dusted, cleaned, clutter free B& B, with a decent breakfast you better keep looking! The bed was clean, I think, and comfortable, but take your own clean pillow and just have coffee for breakfast.
View of the old rice fields from the large screened in porch is breath taking!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank lucy30740
Reviewed 20 June 2011

As mentioned by another reviewer every flat surface had something on it. The plumbing was a bit dated and the room had a slight mustiness. Probably due to the fact that the house seems to ajoin a wetlands area. The breakfast was not much better than hotel breakfast. I did choose this rather than a hotel due to it being our anniversary, I wish it had been better. We did walk downtown and they were filming a movie which we watched for a while which was fun.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cnlson
Reviewed 18 May 2011

The innkeepers were both sweet and accommodating folks. We enjoyed our single night stay and wish we could have stayed longer. The bed was one of the more comfortable ones we have slept in in our travels. View over the old rice plantation fields was amazing, with a variety of birds that inhabited the immediate area. Georgetown is up and coming, new restaurants are opening on the water. A nice departure from the more tourist driven towns like Charleston. Reminiscent of Beaufort but on a slightly larger scale.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank JPSaleebyMD
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Staying alone, I chose the Shaw House over a hotel/motel for safety and was ever so pleased. While I am a young grandmother myself, I felt as if I was coming home each evening to my grand parents. The Shaws were such a welcome sight every evening and morning. The house was absolutely lovely; the view across the marsh wonderful and I don't know how they managed it, but the deer grazing in the back yard was the sprinkle on the cup cake as my daughter would say! The breakfast prepared each morning was delicious as well. Thankfully, I live in Charleston, and next will have the opportunity to see the Shaws during my visits Georgetown and hopefully stay with them the next time I have overnight business there.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank kjaskiewicz
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We were very disappointed with this bed and breakfast. The house is in much need of updating and at the very least, a good paint job. It was just too cluttered--there was no room to set down any of our personal items--every surface was covered with stuff. The breakfast served in the morning was practically inedible--old fruit, a stale croissant and days old quiche. The hosts were very nice, but the house seems to be getting away from them.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ColoradoSamson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina
#2 of 6 in Pawleys Island
Baxter's Brewhouse Inn
Baxter's Brewhouse Inn
#2 of 4 in Georgetown

Been to The Shaw House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!