“Econo Lodge Motel that is very custormer oriented”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Goose Creek
Burlington, New Jersey
“Econo Lodge Motel that is very custormer oriented”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights at the Econo Lodge Motel in Goose Creek, SC. The hotel is a very basic traveler style hotel, but has the amenities of a refrigerator, mircrowave and wifi connection. In the office there is a computer that can be used if needed. The facility is very well maintained and I had talked numerous times with the Manager Pete Patel. The front office personnel is what makes this a 4 button classification. They were helpful to me in getting into my room, when, my error, was not putting the security card in properly, in getting a late night Pizza delivered as a very good discount, copying and faxing needed paperwork, directions back to the airport, they even had a morning breakfast bar for cereal coffee, juice, bread/donuts. and a wake-up call at 345am. I also noted this same treatment given to others when I was in the office. For those traveling on a budget and are unsure of what type of hotel they can afford and be comfortable this is the one. There was a prior mention of the train tracks and train sound, The tracks are a cross a four lane road which I did not notice as it was hidden by a very well kept area with a fence. It was not a bother at all in our sleeping comfort, my wife thought this was the best bed she slept in with the correct amount of firmness, so enjoy the picture of a train when it does pass by.

Room Tip: A typical style motel could not say which would be a good room, as it seems they had plenty of busin...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gerald B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was great. The staff was extremely friendly and really seemed to enjoy working there. The room was clean and the king size bed was very comfy. Water pressure was awesome in the shower too. There were trains that ran past the hotel (across the street), but they did not run throughout the night. Although we did not use the pool, the pool area appeared well maintained. We had towed a U-Haul and there was parking available for our truck and trailer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Marblehead, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The room looked clean enough but when my husband opened the dresser drawer, there were 2 cockroaches. 1 dead and 1 alive. He killed and flushed them and we didn't see any more after that. The hotel is very loud. Next to train tracks and a highway. The desk clerk was very nice.

West Finley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had to travel unexpectedly for a funeral, so I got a room as close to our destination as possible. The room was cigarette smoke laden ( I asked them for air freshener which helped somewhat), then I bought Febreze which helped tremendously. There is a train that runs by hotel that wakes you at all hours.

The staff is fantastic. VERY friendly and helpful. The manager (owner?) knew what funeral we were there for, so he was willing to accommodate us in any manner, even offered to let us check out later due to time of funeral. The room although smoke laden was clean and orderly. I had to add a person and was hardly charged anything extra and we had to stay an extra night which was not a problem.

I would stay again if I had to, but I would NOT book it through Hotwire again, since I was to have a smoke free room and was incapable of switching rooms since I went through Hotwire.

Room Tip: Don't go through Hotwire, contact hotel directly and they will do everything they can to accommo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Beth G
Elgin, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This Econo Lodge is a good lower price place to stay. The grounds and office were nicely kept up, the pool had very clean water, and the personnel is very friendly. The rooms were generally clean even in the corners, but there were a few areas that make us cring and get out the wipes; lower the toilet lid and it had not been cleaned behind the seat for some time, and the light switches were generally missed. The breakfast was good but somewhat megger with Tang instead of orange juice. The owner wanted to email the receipt to us, but it never came. Overall, it was a good stay, but we probably will not return there again.

GMEconoGoose, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with the staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Manager
Pete Patel
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The room was not yet ready since we arrived early, but the stuff was friendly and even let us in while they still cleaned since we wanted to get out of the sun. A funny conversation took place. Really very nice people.

The room was clean - like expected.
The breakfast was good. Little bagels, normal sized muffins (jummy), toast, milk, coffee, cereal, ... . Nothing fancy, but good enough for a good start in the day.

I just booked another stay at this place and this time even with our two kids.

Room Tip: couldn't make out any difference between the rooms besides smoking and non-smoking
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMEconoGoose, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post this wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have served you during your recent trip. Thank you for your valuable feedback and the kind words you expressed concerning the experience you had at our property.

Yvonne Raine
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

The room I stayed in stunk of smoke horribly! They forgot to change the sheets on my bed, on top of which there were cig burns in my top sheets. Terrible room, the nasty smell of old smoke sticks to your skin. NOT worth the money I spent here. Clean your damn rooms properly!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank VintyMaru .
GMEconoGoose, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay .
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding smoking room.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Goose Creek.

Kind Regards,

Econo Lodge North
Econo Lodge North
#38 of 59 in North Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston Un...
#9 of 59 in North Charleston
Red Roof Inn North Charleston
Red Roof Inn North Charleston
#37 of 59 in North Charleston
Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd
Hampton Inn & Suites North Charl...
#12 of 59 in North Charleston

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!