“We're Sold!”

Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Raleigh, United States
“We're Sold!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Overall, we were very impressed with Homewood Suites! Based on this visit, we look only to stay in Homewood Suites when we travel because of the value ($100 for a very accommodating and spacious suite) as well as getting rewarded for staying as a HHonors Member. We're sold! Our only complaints regarding the Greenville, South Carolina Homewood Suites are our room (405) smelled of food that we weren't eating/cooking from time to time. And the complimentary breakfast could be improved (food was cold, small selection, waited significant time for waffle maker) and would be better enjoyed if it went until 10:00am or later, opposed to 9:00.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Ben M
Connie A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you so much for you review of our Homewood Suites. We strive to deliver an outstanding experience to all of our guests and am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Guest feedback is very important to us and we use the information to improve ourselves as a hotel. It's disappointing to hear that your breakfast experience was less than perfect, but constructive feedback motivates our staff to continue improving on their service and the product. Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to taking care of you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
York, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We had a king suite. It had a two burner stove, full sized fridge, microwave, and dishwasher. Kitchen was well stocked with all of the common dishes and cooking items. This hotel is located off the very busy Woodruff Road. With two miles is most any type of food that you could want and lots of shopping. It was quiet and clean.

The only thing to be aware of is that breakfast is only served until 9am on weekdays and 9:30am on weekends. We were a little after 9:00 am arriving for breakfast (weekday - New Years Day). The very nice employee in this area offered to get us anything we wanted - even though serving time was over. She brought us juice and offered waffles. What great customer service.

There is a reception each night during the week with a meal served. We did not attend this but it smelled delicious.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! Most of our guests chose our hotel because of it's location, however we love being able to wow them with our service and quality product!

Once again, thank you for your feedback and if you are ever back in Greenville, SC I would love to have you at Homewood Suites!
Martin, Georgia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The good: great carpet, good curtains to block sun if sleeping during the day. Great beds. Monday through Thursday they serve dinner and it is better than most restaurants that I have eaten at (we had the chicken tortellini). Breakfast was good as well. They had laundry facilities, which is not common for a some 100+ a night hotels, which was good too. They did not nickel and dime you with extra charges (free wifi-MAJOR PLUS). Good choice of soap & shampoo (Nutrogena) so the first night when I did not have my own I was good. Spacious rooms with the pull out bed, comfortable bedding and plenty of light (which I like!) Great windows, and beautiful pool. Even though we were beside the interstate (freeway) I could not hear any noise from the outside, and the area was FABULOUS. Whole Foods and many restaurants within walking distance, and Sam's club about 2 miles away. Pictures in room were pretty and the neutral colors were warm and welcoming. Loved having a dishwasher, full size fridge and kitchen area. Front desk staff was wonderful.

There is a great walking park down the road and the area was very good. I felt safe (and this is unusual for me in the city).

The not so good: The walls are very thin, when ever someone knocked on a door down the hall I thought it was ours. I could hear everything. Room service was so so. If you were not up and out by noon, you did not get any. I prefer indoor pools, or at least heated, especially for the cost of this room ($130 and up). The hallway walls look cheap and kind of dirty. Some of the employees would smoke outside the customer entrance in the back of the hotel (YUK!!!!). Staff in dining room was borderline rude at least, indifferent at best. This is the service industry - act like you like your job at least, and don't stand around leaning on counters looking bored.

The traffic is HORRIBLE. This is not the hotels fault, the Woodruff road exit has no turn signal and the people block the roads, so you get stuck at this 1 light for 10 minutes during busy times, if not more. When I left I chose to go south toward Laurens road and take I-85 from that location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us recently at our Homewood Suites in Greenville, SC. Thank you also for your review of our property. Guest feedback is vital for our operation and we use this feedback to improve on our product.

It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed our product such as the complimentary wi-fi, evening dinners and guest laundry. However, guest services is a very important part of our culture, and I am disappointed to hear that our staff was unable to live up to our hight standards. We will definitely be speaking to our employees about smoking in designated area, as this is unacceptable. We will also work with our food and breakfast staff to ensure that they are delivering the highest of guest service at all times. Thank you again for your constructive review and we do hope to see you again during your next trip into the upstate!
Long Beach, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2014

One of the best I have ever stayed at and everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. It was convenient and around restaurants and shops. I was there for a family wedding and very happy that the family chose this hotel for their relatives and friends to stay at.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Greetings!

I am so glad that you were able to host your friends and family for a wedding. Our property is an ideal fit for wedding groups as our spacious suites, and complimentary breakfast are a hit! I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words, and we hope to see you the next time you are in Greenville!
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Homewood Suites in quickly becoming my choice of lodging if available. I recently stayed in the Greenville area and Homewood Suites was my home away from home.

This hotel is right off Woodruff Road, which is the fastest growing area in Greenville. Within a small radius of this hotel, you can find the best shopping and dining anywhere.

This hotel is well appointed and the customer service reps at the check in desk were absolutely delightful. I was treated to a very welcoming room, comfortable bed that gave me one of the best night's sleep I've had in a very long time, and the close proximity to my shopping and dining destinations made this stay extremely enjoyable.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling through the Greenville area!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Connie A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Greetings!

Thank you so much for such an awesome review!! I had the pleasure to share this with our team and it really made their day. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests about their positive interactions with our staff. I am glad to hear how interested you have become in Homewood Suites and hope to see you more during your trips into the area!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband and I are taking care of his mother that has demencia and we get a little stressed at times. Our son and his family offered to stay with her while we had a night out. So our time spent at this hotel was very enjoyable. Quiet and relaxing. A well deserved night. So we thank you and the staff for making our stay a good one.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am so glad that we were able to be a part of your relaxing evening with your husband. We do hope for health and happiness for your family in the New Year. Thank you again and we hope to be able to take care of you in the near future!
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My son and I stayed at this hotel while he was playing in a football tournament at North Greenville Tech. It was a bit further away than I would have preferred BUT the guest reviews encouraged me to take the extra drive. We didn't stay long and due to the weather he wasn't able to do much outside. I liked the basketball goal in the courtyard and the pool looked interesting. Guest services reps were friendly and breakfast was good. Can't say much about the other amenities because we were only there one night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for staying with us recently at our Homewood Suites. I am glad we were able to take care of you and your son during his football tournament. Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative next time and your family is able to stay longer. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!