“Why pay double the price when you can stay here?!”

Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Why pay double the price when you can stay here?!”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Our stay at the Wingate was amazing! The rooms were very luxurious! Lots of room! A business desk, lounge chair, fridge, microwave, full screen TV.... lovely bathroom & comfy bed! The staff was very nice & the breakfast was totally delicious! They served scrambled & hard boiled eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, pineapple & mango canned fruit, cottage cheese, cold cereal,hot grits & oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, bagels, biscuits & gravy, and MORE! Yum! Our relatives stayed downtown for double the price that we paid at the Wingate! We loved our stay at this hotel! We used the gym several times..The only negative of the stay was that the gym equipment was old & one of the weigh machines was broken. Also a treadmill was not working. The outside pool looked adequate but we did not use it because it rained the entire time. I noticed the airlines had their staff stay at the Wingate... it was such a value for our money!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KarenLynn7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I was so impressed with everything at this hotel, we are looking for things to do in Greenville so we can return just to stay here. Upon check-in, at 4pm, we were informed that there was a "manager's reception" (they said appetizers) that night (Monday) which was a great delight that we wouldn't have to go back out to eat. Well it turned out to be a "meal" with wine, beer, and soft drinks. They also have it on Tuesday nights.
Melissa, the manager hosted the reception and she and her assistants could not have been more gracious...assuring there was always enough food, and checking on guests in
The free breakfast in the morning had "real scrambled eggs"! plus the International Delights flavored coffee creamers that we are addicted to. There was also all the usual breakfast foods, biscuits, bacon, pastries, yogurt, bolied eggs, waffles,

Room Tip: The king-size bed was great, a cushioned side chair, desk, microwave, small frig, brand name tolietr...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This hotel was very nice and clean. We were down in Greenville looking for an apartment for my cousin who is moving there, and this hotel was perfect. The hotel staff were all very courteous and the southern hospitality shone through. The rooms were lovely and the place was not run down like some airport hotels tend to be. The free breakfast was nothing to write home about, but it was certainly edible. Having a pool to cool down after the hot days was appreciated as well. Have I mentioned FREE parking? I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Greenville, SC!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Clean, extremely quiet rooms, nice bedding and pretty room, hot shower, good breakfast, surrounded by restaurants, close to interstate, accommodating staff... Extremely good value! Would def stay again! Small pool, but was fun anyway!

• Stayed July 2011
Lawndale, NC
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I was very pleased with my stay @ Wingate in Greenville, SC. It is now my preferred hotel when I come to this area. I would rate it higher than Courtyard by Marriott because I have stayed in both in this area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
League City, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2011

The hotel room was very clean and the hotel staff from the front desk to their shuttle bus driver was very courteous and professional. They were quick to help with any questions and went out of their way to help us with our needs. The breakfast was very adequate and had expanded hours.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2011

My family did not want to stay at another local hotel in Greenville based on prior experiences so I chose this hotel based on other Trip Advisor reviews. We got into town around 3PM and enjoyed a speedy check-in at the registration desk. The attendant was helpful and friendly. She accepted my AAA discount. My family and I relaxed a little while in our room after riding almost three hours in the car. Sometime after 5PM, while looking for drinks/ice, my mom noticed a large number of people eating in the lobby. She asked what was going on and found out they were providing a "Welcome Meal" to customers on Mondays and Tuesdays. (The lady at the check-in desk did not tell me this earlier...) It was a free meal and was very tasty. We had pork tenderloin with cranberry sauce, mashed potato bar with multiple toppings, low country shrimp boil, cheese grits, chicken salad wraps, wine, beer or soft drinks and a big chocolate chip cookie. It was a really nice treat since we were tired and did not feel like looking for somewhere to eat that evening. Our room was comfortable, clean and located on the lower floor, as I had earlier requested. Amenities that I appreciated were: guest use of computer in lobby - access with room key, hair dryer and iron/ironing board in room, gym, early breakfast.

Since many flight attendants and pilots stay there, the hotel routinely prepares for their early departures by providing access to coffee and basic breakfast as early as 4:30AM. Full breakfast opens at 6AM. We were able to get our breakfast and on the road by 5:30 so it was great. The beds were very comfortable, towels were super soft and room was spotless. The only complaint I had on the first night was the A/C was very loud. It kept me up during the night when it kicked on. I think they need to renovate those A/C units. We went on a three day trip with a tour group and returned on Friday evening around 8PM.

Once again, check-in was a breeze and we went right on to our room. I think it was actually the same room...how neat. The room rate is less during the weekend, I learned...by approx. $20! Wow! I was not told that when I registered over the phone.

This time we just snacked for dinner. I noticed some smoking going on out the back door. The back door was propped open with a rock. I wondered what was going on ...and commented to someone in the area who pointed out the other friend of his who was smoking out the back door and would come back in at some point. (Not so good for security if it had continued into evening.)

In the morning, we slept a little late and headed for breakfast around 8AM. My mom was very upset to see two different men walking around the lobby in bare feet. There was apparently a family reunion that had taken over the breakfast dining room so we ended up eating in the lobby. I could not find much to eat since the crowd had cleared it out. I ended up eating some cereal, yogurt and apple. I don't think my mom ended up getting much to eat. She complained at the desk that there was no food and no one was out there tending to the area (cleaning up tables, bringing more replacement food, etc.) Needless to say, our breakfast was less than expected. The family members were very loud and rowdy. I wanted to go eat in our room, but my mom wanted to stay. I think she was keeping an eye on the barefoot people. It totally disgusted her...I tried not to look. I did not use the gym but was upset to see two children playing on the elliptical machine, one on each foot pedal while their mom looked on. The machine next to them had an "Out of Order" sign on it. No wonder, huh? I guess that our experience was good and bad. The first stay on Tuesday night was great and Friday night not so good. I believe the hotel should require shirt/shoes in their lobby/dining area. Without this necessary monitoring, I think it encourages low class people to hang around and that makes me feel unsafe. I am not sure if we will stay here next time. I will read more reviews and decide ...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family