“great place,great location,great price....great,great,great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport

Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“great place,great location,great price....great,great,great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

My family of four (hubby,me,1 yr old and 3 yr old) stayed in a very clean and comfortable double room. Our beds made daily, fresh cookies and juice at check in. My 3 yr old was being crabby and loud at breakfast time - Alice came over and talked to him and helped calm him down. The place was quiet,clean and met all expectations. Water pressure great!!!
STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in a room across from the elevator and heard very little! I think any room would be great...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Canandaigua, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

Like an IDIOT, I booked a Wyndham hotel in Greenville, NC instead of SC, and only realized it when I was about to drive to the hotel from the airport in Charlotte, NC. However, the folks at the Wyndham hotel in NC were great and cancelled my reservation w/out charging me. The folks in SC were also great and saved me a room when I realized my error.

I was at this hotel for 4 nights, the first night in a room with two queens (which traveling alone on business was unnecessary), so was moved to a king for the next 3 nights. Both rooms were immaculate, with good mattresses and pillows. Both rooms had a safe, microwave, and small fridge. Both rooms had a nice flat screen TV. There was a pool, a work out room, a conference room, and a business center (none of which I used). The staff were very helpful. A special thanks to Ruby at the desk. She remembered my name, greeted me by name, and was incredibly helpful.

Great breakfast included, hot eggs every day, with sausage, bacon, waffle maker, lots of muffins, etc. juice, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc. You name it they had it. It was fresh and plentiful.

So, why not 5 stars. The 2nd night I discovered my toilet didn't work. Called down and told them, The told me they'd send someone in 15 minutes or less. After an hour, still no repair. I had to go to bed and couldn't wait any longer, so had to wait until the next morning for a repair. NOT cool (or pretty). AS long as you don't need maintenance at night, the hotel should be a 5 star rating!

Hope this helps in your search.

Room Tip: Make sure you book Greenville in the right state! Apparently I'm not the only idiot to have mad...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Morehead City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Very pleasant stay. Cookies, popcorn, lemonade in the afternoons, very good hot breakfast in the mornings. Staff was polite and helpful. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

The stay here was not bad. It was clean and a few people stood out during my stay...Kemuel, Wanda & Shawn were very friendly & went above & beyond their call of duty in order to sell the hotel to me as well as make sure my stay was comfortable. The 3 of them are great & I give them the highest recognition. Im not sure of the lady's name that was on my floor (2nd) cleaning but she was excellent as well. For a short stay, I would recommend this hotel. Oh yeah, there is an abundance of restaurants near hotel within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

The staff chould not have been for accommodating. Ruby & Kemuel where the best they both!
This hotel goes beyond the call of duty to make their customers feel at home.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank brian w
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Our stay at the Wingate was amazing! The rooms were very luxurious! Lots of room! A business desk, lounge chair, fridge, microwave, full screen TV.... lovely bathroom & comfy bed! The staff was very nice & the breakfast was totally delicious! They served scrambled & hard boiled eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, pineapple & mango canned fruit, cottage cheese, cold cereal,hot grits & oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, bagels, biscuits & gravy, and MORE! Yum! Our relatives stayed downtown for double the price that we paid at the Wingate! We loved our stay at this hotel! We used the gym several times..The only negative of the stay was that the gym equipment was old & one of the weigh machines was broken. Also a treadmill was not working. The outside pool looked adequate but we did not use it because it rained the entire time. I noticed the airlines had their staff stay at the Wingate... it was such a value for our money!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KarenLynn7
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

I was so impressed with everything at this hotel, we are looking for things to do in Greenville so we can return just to stay here. Upon check-in, at 4pm, we were informed that there was a "manager's reception" (they said appetizers) that night (Monday) which was a great delight that we wouldn't have to go back out to eat. Well it turned out to be a "meal" with wine, beer, and soft drinks. They also have it on Tuesday nights.
Melissa, the manager hosted the reception and she and her assistants could not have been more gracious...assuring there was always enough food, and checking on guests in
The free breakfast in the morning had "real scrambled eggs"! plus the International Delights flavored coffee creamers that we are addicted to. There was also all the usual breakfast foods, biscuits, bacon, pastries, yogurt, bolied eggs, waffles,

Room Tip: The king-size bed was great, a cushioned side chair, desk, microwave, small frig, brand name tolietr...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple