“Great place to stay......special thanks to Ruby!!!”

Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Great place to stay......special thanks to Ruby!!!”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel in early November and will be staying there again this week while visiting family. Nice location...a clean room....a very fair price but what made me write this review is the
help I received after I somehow dropped the keys to my rental car down the elevator shaft (on a Sunday morning no less)!!!! I was leaving later that day and had hours to get back to Charlotte to return my rental. I went to the front desk and a nice young woman named Ruby called her manager. She then called someone in another town and he was able to drive over and open up the floor of the elevator and get my keys back for me, (You can't make this stuff up!!!). Thank you so much!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Portland, Texas
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Out of all my trips around the world, I would have to say that this was the best choice ever. The service was great, Thanks to a young talented Lady named Wanda. She was helpful, friendly, Best of all baked cookies for us. She also took care of us by driving us where we needed to go and took us back to the hotel after celebrating and drinking. One call and she was there. I would also like to say Thank You From all of us Wanda!!!!!

Room Tip: The room with the big jacuzzi
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Very pleasant experience. The staff "gets it"! Friendly efficient customer service. Melissa and Alice couldn't have been more efficient and friendly. We will look forward to our next trip.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Greensboro, Georgia
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Stayed night 12/7/11. Clean room, everything worked. decent restaurants walking distance. But it was their. service that makes me write this review. Having computer issues, and needed to get a time sensitive document out. Front desk was very courteous, prompt, and professional Document sent, day saved. There is a reason they call Wingate the place for the business traveler..

Tom Rouse

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
florida
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel for one nite to be close to the airport. I must extend my praises to the extremely friendly and helpful staff. They even make a point to remember your name during your stay. The room was very spacious,clean and comfortable. There was a nice breakfast and an evening reception on the Monday nite we were there. This was a first time at a Wingate and we were very pleased . We would return again without a doubt and again kudos to the amazing front desk staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Clean and well maintained, good location and excellent staff.

Gerald Riggin - Troy, Ohio

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Austin TX
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I recently spent a couple of nights here to be close to the airport for a trip to Asheville. While the rooms were not as spacious or upscale as some of the places I have stayed, they were certainly very clean and comfortable. I enjoy having a fridge and microwave available for my personal use, too.
The popcorn, cookies and free breakfast are a nice touch as well.
In my experience, the staff, from van driver to front desk, were all very professional, welcoming and helpful. On my return trip to the Wingate, prior to my flight home, I was greeted with great smiles and was surprised to find a "gift bag" in my room with some thoughtful treats. After checking out and arriving at the airport and then clearing security, I realized I did not have my phone. I used a pay phone to call the Wingate, and Ruby asked Tracy to check my room and the shuttle van. Unfortunately it was not there, but I was grateful for their graciousness and willingness to help. Incidentally, a stranger at the airport found my phone and turned it in to lost and found, and I should have it again by tomorrow.
I have been fortunate to stay in some lovely hotels, but I can honestly say that while the Wingate is not a luxurious 5 star hotel, the staff here was wonderful in every way, the rooms are an excellent value, and the "freebies" are great, so should I return to Greenville, I know where I will be staying!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family