“A GREAT stay!!”

Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Asheville, NC
“A GREAT stay!!”
Reviewed 18 April 2008

A group of women from our church stayed here at the end of March for the Extraordinary Women's Conference. Our stay was wonderful.. The front desk was nice and check in went smoothly. It was quiet and comfortable.

• Liked — nice, convienent
  • Disliked — hmmmmmm.... nothing
  • Stayed March 2008
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Columbia SC
Reviewed 17 April 2008

I have always enjoyed staying at this and other Wingate Inns, but will avoid staying again due to what is belief is a breach of my credit privacy. On this ocassion, as I was checking into the hotel, I mentioned to the manager, that I preferred that my credit card number not be held in their records. The reservations person had previously informed me that my credit card number was indeed on file. The hotel manager informed me that he could not honor my request and in fact my credit card number would be held for 5 years. When I protested, he responded by telling me he wasn't sure if he wanted to honor my reservation for that evening. I decided that I needed to deal with the corporate office and avoid what could have been a very embarassing situation for everyone involved. Besides, the hotels were filling up and I was tired. I informed him that I would be contacting the main office, but have yet received a satisfactory response to my concerns. In this day and age of identity theft andcomputer hackers, it does not make me feel very comfortable knowing that my cc# is floating out in cyper-space either internally in their system or externally without my knowledge or permission. I also do notunderstand what possible benefit it serves to retain that informationfor the period of time quoted by the hotel manager -5 years. If you are concerned about your credit privacy, take note.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Credit card policy
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed 28 March 2008

The Wingate was a fantastic hotel! The breakfast was wonderful! They even had 2 computers to use for free- printing free also. Rooms were very nice. Couldn't have asked for more!

• Liked — friendly people!
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank owenlemon
TN
Reviewed 6 January 2008

We found this hotel on the AAA website and it was listed as having an indoor pool. Upon arrival we realized that there was no pool but we had made reservations so we were stuck with the hotel. The room as a fairly good size. We had a mini fridge, a sofa sleeper, and one queen size bed. We stayed with the kids so the sofa sleeper gave us extra seating and space for watching the free movie and that was a plus. The room has a small table with an office chair so it was convenient for my husbands laptop. The juice and coffee bar downstairs was a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashville
Reviewed 20 January 2007

My wife and I attended a wedding in Greenville. We stayed 2 nights at the Wingate. It was very clean, well appointed, packed with young adults, but we were safe in our rooms away from almost all of the noise. The staff was helpful, the included breakfast was a little
overwelmed by the number of people and really was the only mildly disappointing thing to us. I admit it might be a real problem for others.
Yes, we would stay again, if the price was right. The Hampton is right across the street as are several other chains, and many eating places within walking safe distance.
It is very convenient to the interstate and a 7min drive to the downtown.

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank musedoc
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2005

Fine for business travel. One exit from airport --There are no hotels directly at the airport exit. Clean an acceptable siize room

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
3 Thank juliet
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 19 October 2004

Wow! What a nice hotel! I was recently a 'distressed passenger' having been bumped from my flight and arrangements were made for me to stay at the Wingate. I was very pleasantly surprised. The gentleman at the front desk was very accommodating and pleasant and went out of his way to help me. The rooms were quiet and spacious and very clean. They provided a free shuttle back and forth to the airport which was just one exit away. If I am ever in Greenville again, I will most definitely stay here. And I'm pretty picky too! Couldn't find one thing wrong with my stay at this hotel.

10 Thank Barbara V