“Good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights! This is a good hotel to stay few nights, you are in a commercial area where you can find plenty of restaurants around! The small weak point is that the breakfast closed at 9am, a bit early for me!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

On 12/19/2013, I stayed the night at this hotel, as I always do when my overnight is in GSP. I am a flight attendant, and I spend most my nights in a hotel room, so it is important to be able to relax when I reach the hotel at the end of the day. This hotel has never given me cause for concern before. I love the location and the staff is generally nice. However, I am now hesitant to stay here. On 12/19-12/20, I stayed in room 222. When I woke up at 4am to get ready for work, I felt something crawl on the waistband of my sleeping pants. On instinct, I hit it. I heard it fall to the floor, but as I was in a rush to get ready, I didn't have time to look for what it was until I noticed that my hand had quite a bit of blood on it. Curious now, I looked on the floor more closely and found the bug that had been drawing blood. As it was still moving, I squished it in a tissue. As I looked at it, I thought it could be a bed bug but wasn't sure. So, I walked over to the bed, pulled up the sheets and checked the mattress at the base board and headboard area. That's when I saw two more run under the mattress. In the process of pulling the sheets up, I noticed blood spots on the sheets where I'd been bitten in my sleep. To be at the airport on time, I had to continue to get ready. I took a picture of the bed bug on my phone, kept it in the tissue, and headed downstairs. To my horror and dismay, when I presented the bloody bug to the hotel desk clerk, he showed no concern and said that I needed to get in the van for the airport. So, I stated again that this is a problem that needs to be taken seriously. He responded that he would tell the maintenance man. To which a gentleman in the breakfast area said that he would "take a look" and wrote down my room number down. I am fully aware that they give the airline crew members the same rooms, night after night. So, I would not be surprised if another unsuspecting crew member was given this room. I hope and pray I'm wrong. Off to the airport I went, and when I got there, I showed my crew. They confirmed that it was indeed a bed bug. Now, I had to fly with a contaminated bag that I kept as isolated as I could. When I finally got done for the day, I had to heat treat everything/wipe everything down with alcohol. I also had to go out and get new luggage pieces to ensure they were not in any crevice hiding. I am now incredibly paranoid about them, and I would like to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

Room Tip: Do not choose 222
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Leisha N
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
I wanted to make sure that I addressed your concerns regarding Room 222. I wanted to let you know that the situation with that room has been taken care of. We had an exterminator come out and spray and also removed all the furnishings from the room and replaced with new ones. We care deeply about our guests and NEVER have this problem so we wanted to make sure that it was addressed right away. We also had him check all 119 of our rooms and this was the only case (thank goodness).

I am sorry that the front desk did nto show more concern and I apologize for that. I did want you to know that the situation has been taken care of and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip back to Greenville, SC!
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Pros: very hospitable team, big rooms, clean and quality finishing/ furniture, 24 hour gym (albeit too poorly equipped, no free weights), shuttle bus to the airport. You can even request a local transfer at no charge!
Cons: breakfast is a huge disappointment, no veggies, plastic cutlery (like in a plane in eco class), terrible coffee. You have to cook waffles yourself?! No minibar, not even a bottle of a mineral water available in the room.
Right saying: pay peanuts - get monkeys...

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Norcross
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is a masterful Wingate Inn. The clean and friendly environment was consistent from start to finish. The room was fresh and comfy -- not one dust mite in sight. You can trust the carpet under your bare feet without the itch of hidden bacteria. The bathroom was crystal clean. It was a dream! Close to shopping mall, and Whole Foods Market only one exit away. Also, I am a Wyndham Rewards member. For once I was recognized and appreciated for my loyalty. Other locations should take note. Well worth the stay and reasonably priced. I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo