“Great Stay.”

Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Had a great experience from the moment we walked in...clean, comfy room...great bedding...great mattress. Very quiet room, which was important since we traveled with a 10 week old. Breakfast was free and great. Hotel location is great-you can walk to several different restaurants, as well as a nearby health food store.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank SolaGratia

Reviewed 5 July 2008

This motel is in an area with shopping and many restaurants nearby. There was sufficient free parking.

This Wingate has the look and feel of a more expensive hotel, with an attractive lobby, a fitness center, a whirlpool and a business center. Check-in was fast and efficient. Rooms are on interior corridors and have the full compliment of security features, such as electronic card locks, deadbolts and peepholes. The room was clean and quiet.

The large double queen bed room was decorated with wallpaper and framed art. Furnishings included an iron, an ironing board, a desk with chair, an easy chair, a spare chair, a large dresser, and a night table, clock radio, flat-panel widescreen television, microwave and refrigerator. The closet included a free safe. Despite all the other generous amenities, the coffeemaker only made one cup at a time and only enough coffee for one cup of regular and one cup of decaf was provided.

The desk included a telephone, a power strip for a notebook computer and both wired and wireless broadband connections. If you didn’t bring a notebook, you can use a PC in the business center, or pay for Internet service on the in-room television using a provided keyboard. There was also an in-room video game controller available. Finishing out the nice touches was a cordless telephone on the night table.

The bathroom was an all-in-one, with a large vanity, toilet and shower tub. I prefer having the vanity separate from the toilet and shower so they can be privately used while other family members use the vanity. The vanity had a generous five feet of useable counter space and included a hair dryer.

The continental breakfast included coffee, juices, waffles, English muffins, regular muffins, toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, cereal, oatmeal, Danish pastries, fruit cocktail and apples. The breakfast area was large and well maintained.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anoviv
Reviewed 5 May 2008

The Wingate Inn is an average, road side hotel. The hotel is currently under construction for renovation. My room was half renovated. The curtains, furniture, and bedspread were definitely from a decade ago. While the carpet, vanity, and wall paper were new. It was a bit odd to be in a semi- renovated room. I didn't understand why everything was not updated. The service is ok. The breakfast is not bad. Would I stay here again? Probably not. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in downtown Greenville and feel that the extra $40 per night is well worth the money. The Hampton Inn in Greenville is definitely a higher quality hotel. I really felt like I was staying in a road side hotel while staying at the Wingate. The prices are a bit high for what you get. If you want to save some money then i guess you might stay here. However, I suggest you spend the extra cash and stay downtown at the Hampton. It is far better.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2008

A group of women from our church stayed here at the end of March for the Extraordinary Women's Conference. Our stay was wonderful.. The front desk was nice and check in went smoothly. It was quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 17 April 2008

I have always enjoyed staying at this and other Wingate Inns, but will avoid staying again due to what is belief is a breach of my credit privacy. On this ocassion, as I was checking into the hotel, I mentioned to the manager, that I preferred that my credit card number not be held in their records. The reservations person had previously informed me that my credit card number was indeed on file. The hotel manager informed me that he could not honor my request and in fact my credit card number would be held for 5 years. When I protested, he responded by telling me he wasn't sure if he wanted to honor my reservation for that evening. I decided that I needed to deal with the corporate office and avoid what could have been a very embarassing situation for everyone involved. Besides, the hotels were filling up and I was tired. I informed him that I would be contacting the main office, but have yet received a satisfactory response to my concerns. In this day and age of identity theft andcomputer hackers, it does not make me feel very comfortable knowing that my cc# is floating out in cyper-space either internally in their system or externally without my knowledge or permission. I also do notunderstand what possible benefit it serves to retain that informationfor the period of time quoted by the hotel manager -5 years. If you are concerned about your credit privacy, take note.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2008

The Wingate was a fantastic hotel! The breakfast was wonderful! They even had 2 computers to use for free- printing free also. Rooms were very nice. Couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank owenlemon
Reviewed 6 January 2008

We found this hotel on the AAA website and it was listed as having an indoor pool. Upon arrival we realized that there was no pool but we had made reservations so we were stuck with the hotel. The room as a fairly good size. We had a mini fridge, a sofa sleeper, and one queen size bed. We stayed with the kids so the sofa sleeper gave us extra seating and space for watching the free movie and that was a plus. The room has a small table with an office chair so it was convenient for my husbands laptop. The juice and coffee bar downstairs was a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family