“Affordable yet classy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Affordable yet classy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I chose this hotel as a lower-priced convenient alternative to convention hotel next door. Since my church was covering part of the cost, I wanted to get the best value available. LaQuinta excelled in all respects. It was just a 5 minute walk to my conference, saving me about $40 a night. Beds were super-comfortable. Breakfast items were plentiful and tasty. Bedroom and bath were very clean. Hallway noise was minimal, even with pets in several nearby rooms. When a car battery ran down, the front desk person was very helpful, taking me to a nearby restaurant so I could obtain take-out food for my group. All in all, a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We rolled into the La Quinta around 9pm on the 20th of October after a long ride from Florida.

We were greeted by Katie (apologies to Katie if we're spelling her name incorrectly) as soon as we came into the lobby. She was a sweetheart from the start. I had not stayed in a La Quinta in about 6 years but she assured me I would still be in their computer. After searching for a minute, she confirmed some information and sure enough, they still had my info. (Some other chains need to practice this same procedure - makes for a happier customer!)

Katie had us checked into a king suite on a high floor in less than 10 minutes. When we asked about some of the chain restaurants around the hotel, she told us about a small Mexican place not far from the hotel. Definitely a locals place and very good!

Our room was very large and comfortable. We did not hear any noises from the other guests. The following morning we spoke to many of the house staff and they were very friendly.

The only issues we found was that there is only 1 elevator and this made for long waits with a bus load of travelers in the hotel. We laughed it off and had some interesting conversations with the mostly senior crowd. The other issue was the breakfast was mediocre at best. Would we return - absolutely!

Many THANKS to Katie for her outstanding assistance. See you again soon.

Cheers,

L&J
Miami Beach

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Phenix City, Alabama, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Hotel very nice and clean. Very comfortable beds. Noise from outside of room in hallway was a bit loud, but nothing that really disturbed us for long. Did not hear noise from other rooms, just hall. Very nice staff, convenient location and reasonable rates. We were visiting Furman.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this establishment for 4 nights during a business trip. From my arrival to my departure I experienced nothing But mediocre service at best. Upon check-in I was greeted with "Last name?", was handed my room key without another word. Not even directions to my room. "Free shuttle service" was provided, of course a minimum of a half hour wait was required before the driver even showed. By then I could've arrived at my destination by foot. The housekeeping service was decent, if your standards are low. All that being said, if I return to Greenville for business or pleasure I will definitely opt for different lodging and I strongly suggest anyone visiting the area do the same.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jls1988
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Great place to stay. Beds are comfortable pillows are great and rooms are clean. Breakfast buffet was good could add a little more to it though biscuits and sausage gravy would be good. Staff friendly and very helpful. Great location. Close to downtown and interstate but quiet place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

This was the destination stop in our trip to upstate S. Carolina. We stayed for 4 nights with our little dog. Everything was welcoming and comfortable; We stayed in 3 La Quintas over the duration of our trip and the beds are sooo comfortable, whether they are Tempur-Pedic or traditional mattresses. AC was controlled by a wall thermostat and was reasonably quiet on the first floor, which we requested since we had the dog with us. The entire hotel is non-smoking, which is a joy...of course some people light up in the elevator and maybe think you can't smell it, but it's a small price to pay for clean air in every other part of the hotel.
This La Quinta does not have a designated pet are outside, but there is one across the street where the Hilton and Hyatt are located, and there are plenty of places to walk - but bring your own doggie bags! Breakfast was very good, coffee so-so, but we experienced that everywhere we went except at Wytheville, where the coffee was quite good! You can read that review too.

Room Tip: The second floor was the designated "doggie" floor, and the night we stayed, there must ha...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Georgetown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We returned to this La Quinta for our annual business trip to Greenville. We had high expectations due to our experience in 2012. Again, our stay was comfortable (they have good mattresses), quiet (even on a Clemson game weekend), and friendly. The location is a straight shot on I-385 to city center and hosts a grand view from its hill top location. The breakfast is as good as most in the chain but lacks the options of some La Quinta Inns. We are loyal to the chain because they accept our four legged family member but this is one of the better units among all La Q's.

Room Tip: There are no bad room locations. It is quiet all around. There are seven floors so request your pr...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business