“The location is great!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenville Haywood
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have stayed at a number of La Quinta Inn and Suites because I travel with my dog. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenville Haywood has been one of the better LaQuinta Inns. The lay out of the room was very nice! The exits were nicely laid out for easy in and out with my dog for her morning walking. The staff was very friendly including the maid service. Btw, the snack room was very nice a little on the pricey side, nevertheless, I was glad to see the snack. I would recommend this La Quinta Inn, and I will give it Five stars!

Room Tip: I notice people with pet dogs all stayed on the 5th floor. So if you have a cat and or no pets you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank PLF817
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenville Haywood

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Extremely please with all aspects of this hotel, the people were very friendly the room was large and clean. The beds were comfortable, we have not one bad thing to say. When we come back to Greenville we will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This LaQuinta is a great place to stay if visiting family or for an overnight trip to Greenville. Its easy access to airport/downtown and an easy trip over to Clemson, SC for a football game! The drive to downtown isn't bad and the room price is a lot nicer - take a taxi ride and you still save money! We have stayed here multiple times and its always clean, always friendly and a comfy bed! We like the king suite b/c there is room to spread out but the regular rooms are fine too. This is our "go-to" place in Greenville.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my first stay at the LaQuinta. The front desk attendant was very helpful and offer her recommendations for shopping and dining downtown. Rooms were very, very clean and spacious.

My only complaint was the (free, i know!) breakfast- which was where i had the single worst cup of coffee I've ever tasted.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Very modern LaQuinta 2.5 mile off I-85, adjacent to Hilton Hotel & Hyatt Place. Very nice quiet neighborhood, about 0.5 mile from large shopping center & restaurants. We stayed on the first floor in a dog room--no pet odor. Only quibble: jacuzzi closed for season. Very large, fine exercise room. Planning to stay here on our return trip in June

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I enjoyed a one night stay at LaQuinta Greenville, SC. The hotel appears to have been recently updated. My stay was comfortable, quiet and restful. Large rooms, comfortable beds, wonderful service were experienced. My only complaint is breakfast. No hot eggs or bacon or breakfast meat of any type. Overall a positive experience. I think I'll try LaQuinta again...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed here four nights. The rooms were nicely laid out and clean. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Unfortunately, one night, there were guests for a local wedding staying there and they whooped it up long into the night. I was told that those involved with a nearby concert also contributed to the bedlam. But, these things can happen and it didn't seem worth complaining about since my wife's earplugs eliminated the problem.

I first heard the euphemism "thunder mug" used to describe a toilet when I was living in northwest Montana. Well, the commodes up on the sixth floor are truly worthy of that nickname. Whenever a toilet within a couple rooms on either side of you flushes, you're going to hear the explosion. Pity you if you're placed in a room next to an old relic like me whose visits to the bathroom are more frequent than ever.

As for the breakfasts, they offer an array of cold stuff - cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, apples, oranges - but not much in the way of hot food beyond the waffle machine and instant oatmeal which is the consistency of pablum. And I hate to be picky, but the coffee cups are so tiny that if you take a sip on the way from the pot to your table, you're about ready to go back for a refill. And, they do not stock tea bags in the room along with the coffee packets. We did find that there's a McDonald's a short drive east on Haywood and a couple of egg white McMuffins along with some McCoffee really hit the spot. All in all, I would stay here again. After all, now I know exactly what to expect.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple