“Very Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Very Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago, and had a very pleasant stay. My son and I enjoyed the pool. The room was very nice and clean. I didn't have any trouble with noises late at night (even though our room was on the pool side). My only complaint would be the price of items at the little shop in the lobby, but that's very minor. The clerks were all pleasant, and helpful. I will definitely stay there again if I'm ever in Greenville.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for one night on our way home from a college visit roadtrip. Family of four with a small dog. This hotel was super clean and very comfortable! I would have gladly stayed here with or without my dog. The person I spoke to at the front desk when booking was very nice and professional. I wish I could remember her name.

Stayed July 2014
Hinesville
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Luckily I was able to get a room after spending one night at another pet friendly chain with horrible results. The staff was fantastic and the room was great, comfortable beds, lots of space and very clean. I frequent La Quinta quite a bit and this one really exceeded my expectations. Will stay again! Thank you for giving me a great nights rest.

Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The La Quinta chain represents the low end of my scale when staying at hotels. You can always bank on them being fairly good, no matter where you stay. I was a guest at La Quinta in the Haywood section of Greenville, SC last Sat. night. I would recommend it highly as it is a beautiful facility up on a hill. The view from where you unload your luggage is very nice. However, I found the overall construction of the hotel to be a little flimsy, i.e. tissue paper thin walls, etc. I did not have a problem but I could see where someone possibly could. There was a dog show happening when i was there and there were probably 50 dogs with their owners registered. I guess that is pretty cool, these were super high end dogs mind you. I was surprised that the hotel would allow such a thing, but KUDOS to them I guess. I only heard one bark during the night, so I guess that was good.
The breakfast was very good, better than some of the La Quinta's that I have frequented, the dining area was spacious, and the waffle makers were better than normal in cleanliness. The room was small but adequate. Free WI-FI a definite plus. The beds were very comfortable, I was very pleased with that. The thermostat was on the wall which controlled a small unit. TV was excellent but only one premium channel which is par for the course. Overall I would definately recommend this lodge. I liked the location, only a hop, skip, and a jump from downtown.

3 Thank Jimmy D
Conway
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend. It is located just minutes from downtown Greenville. Clean,comfprtable, and a decent breakfast. The outdoor pool and hot tub are very clean and inviting. Free wi-fi too! We will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Peggy V
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Booked 3 nights one month in advance - easily added a fourth night with no alert of change of room request for low floor for dogs. At time of booking notified management late check-in and dogs for dog show. Enroute called management to confirm a late check-in. Arrived 10:30pm to find we were booked into a handicapped room on 5th floor. Less than 4 feet of closet hanging space for three people w closet bar four feet high. We were assured "all full - no other room available". So we unpack after a ten hour drive. Then front desk calls at midnight to tell us they have a room on the 7th floor. Too tired to switch rooms at that point. The next day, after being away from the room for over seven hours and having left at 7am - we find the beds not made up and no clean linen. Second day room is made up. Third day, today, we returned same as all other days mid-afternoon and room not made up again and no clean linens. Husband queries housekpper on the floor. Is the hotel unusually full? "No." Are you short staffed today? "No - same as usual." I call front desk - the excuse "we just haven't got to your room yet..." I say "if you have someone in charge checking rooms on floors you will know what ones are empty and can service those - rather than just going floor by floor "as you get to them...". Plus we already alerted front desk about our hours and so being gone for aseven hours each day is plenty of time to get our room done. Nothing was offered us for our inconvenience (we are not leaving our room - so someone can clean it - we are exhausted). Husband went down the hall and got towels off the linen cart. This is not the usual La Quinta service - but we will never stay at this particular one again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hilary F
Bolivia, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I was extremely pleased with my stay. Everyone was very friendly and helpful including housekeeping. Check in and checking out was a smooth pleasant transaction. The room was spacious and extremely cleaned. I was very impressed by the hard wood floors in the entrance to room and bathroom. The bed slept sooooo comfortably. The breakfast was basic but plentiful and fresh. We were very close to the Haywood mall and several other restaurants and shopping stores. Will definitely return again. Was worth the AAA rate!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family