“A Cut Above Most!”

Hyatt Place Greenville/Haywood
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I promise I'm NOT associated with this hotel in any way. I've stayed in five hotels in the past two weeks, including some "luxury" ones, but this "select service" hotel really exceeds them all. It's crisp and clean, with genuinely caring staff, has large HD tv's, a free airport and downtown shuttle, healthy and tasty food available 24-hours, and fast elevators. Like any select-service property, staffing is thin: The morning I left, the person who processed my check-out (Jessica) also replenished the breakfast buffet and drove me to my appointment downtown; but she did it with courtesy and a smile!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here a few years ago & were very happy with it. This stay was not as good. The furniture in the room was really showing signs of wear. The front desk staff double as kitchen help during morning breakfast. So if you want front desk help you wait forever & listen to a never ending ringing phone. Also the breakfast room was always out of something because the staff doesn't restock until everything is gone. The kitchen door is always wide open & one day several boxes were strewn all over the hallway outside the kitchen. Staff were friendly especially Brandi but they need more help. Rate was good.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Mary Ann P
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great price was the selling point for this location in the always nice Hyatt Place chain. We really like the room layouts esp with refrigerators. This location about 4 miles from downtown made for an easy drive on I385 right downtown. The breakfast was good. The only downside was the indifferent front desk help that made us feel that we were bothering her to check-in. It also seemed that the front desk was understaffed since help was often hard to find.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fondue4two
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Good place to stay, convenient to downtown. Nice hot full breakfast each AM.

Our night we stayed on 1st flood in a large suite.... all was good until about 2AM... then a female yelling and glass smashing woke us. Not sure what all the commotion and drama was about, but the staff the next AM had no clue (or hid it well).

Likely to stay again, as room is nice and food is good. WiFi in room is adequate, but the free-computers at the business station were too slow to surf the net. Frustrated both times I attempted them.

Room Tip: Opt for 2nd floor or higher... lobby can be noisy especially if there are events/ weddings or just a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Unfortunately my recent stay with the Hyatt Place in Greenville, SC was less than satisfactory. Upon check-in I informed the front desk agent that I need to pay cash for the room, as I did not have enough money in my account to cover it. She said it was fine to do that, but she would need to run my credit card "just to have the card on file". She assured me no hold would be placed on my funds. I told her if she needed a deposit for incidentals I would make that in cash as well, as
I really did not have money in my account. She said this was unnecessary and re-assured me once again that nothing would be charged to my card, and no holds would be places. Unfortunately after checking my bank statement the next day, not only had a hold been placed for incidentals I had actually been charged another 140 dollars. Basically the rate for the entire stay had been placed on my card despite having already paid for it in cash. This caused a bounced check charge and cost me 100 dollars that I had to pay to my bank. So thanks to the incompetence of the staff, I paid 240.00 for a one night stay. Had I not verified multiple time that a hold wouldn't be placed on my card I would accept the blame for this, but I asked several times to make sure. This should never happen. I was planning to return to the hyatt place in Greenville this coming week, but given my last experience I believe I will stay elsewhere so this does not happen again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Atl1988
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed two nights in a very comfortable room. Room size and layout comfortable for two adults. Breakfast was actually very tasty and fresh. Was a very nice surprise. Easy in and out! Will be on lookout for this type of hotel in future travels.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Our first time staying at a Hyatt Place - we loved the larger room layout with large sectional sofa, separate kitchenette, office area, and bedroom. The closet was a bit small, but as an Interior Designer it struck me as one of the best hotel room layouts I had been in - a lot of bang for the buck. Quick internet, hot breakfast, comfortable bed, and good location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business