“Great place to stay!!”

Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great place to stay!!”
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I stayed here for 2 WEEKS on business. I booked it based on the great reviews it had. First time for me in Greenville area. I loved the hotel. It was cozy and accommodating. The staff was so friendly, helpful, and professional. The room was clean and felt like a studio apartment. Complimentary breakfast and coffee bar was great. Convenient location to everything. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I usually stay in Hilton Hotels, but decided to stay in the Hyatt in Greenville. The staff was friendly and the rooms comfortable. We had the package which included breakfast. It was quite a surprise to see such a beautiful buffet. I would stay again in the Hyatt, but I will not order an Iced Tea to take by the pool. It was $4.00!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Pickerington
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We had six of us. Two little ones slept in queen beds with adults. The two teenagers slept on the huge sectional couch. Didn't even need to pull it out. We got room 212, which I was told later was the largest room in the hotel. So, request it and you will not be disappointed. OK breakfast. Pool was perfect for our needs. Huge abandoned yard in the back parking lot made for a great wiffle ball game. Nicely lit parking lot. Friendly staff. After a so-so experience in a Cleveland Hyatt Place we were grateful to have scored another great stay at a Hyatt Place.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2010

No problems with cleanliness, location, service or sleep quality, but their internet connection sucks ! Come on guys, this is 2010 and you can't provide a reliable internet connection ? (I'm extremely technically knowledgeable, so I know this was their problem not mine).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Central Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My wife and I stayed here on a Friday/Saturday night. All the other reviews (except the one comparing to McDonalds) are spot on. Very happy with the look and layout of the room, but there were a few issues.

The most meaningless was neither my wife nor I liked the shampoo or conditioner, they smelled horribly, fortunately we had our own.

The next issue was the toilet. It was unbelievably loud, but tolerable.

The biggest problem was the a/c unit. A hotel of this class should have central air with a wall control unit, not a full length under window unit. The first night wasn't so bad, but the second night it was so loud it woke my wife and me every time it turned on which was probably every 10 minutes. I literally slept less than 30 minutes continuous. That alone will keep me from ever staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Sorry guys our stay was not par with expectations for Hyatt. Half of the staff had attitude. One staff member belonged at McDonalds or Customer Service for Lost and Found at Delta Airlines, but definately not a Hyatt. Room door could not be opened by normal person, parking garage pass did not work, internet issues, air conditioner would not cut off, staff forgot to give us vouchers included in our package for laundry service, paid $158 per night for top services but did not receive, etc, etc.. Hyatt, please train your staff or hire people with common sense. Your very young day manager did seem to try, but what can you do with incompetence and inexperience? Still here, will let you know if stay improves.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
marieshealy1199, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Greenville/Haywood, responded to this review, 16 September 2010
Thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel back at the end of June. While I am sorry your stay was not a good stay, I also do not believe your stay occurred at the Hyatt Place in Greenville. We do have a Hyatt Regency in downtown Greenville and I wonder if this is the location where your stay occurred. The only reason I say this is because you indicated your parking pass did not work and you paid $158 a night. At Hyatt Place, parking is free and there is not parking garage and our rates are not $158 a night.

I do invite you to come try Hyatt Place on your next trip to Greenville. I an assure you, you will have a more pleasant stay. You will not have to fight with a parking pass and the other issues you faced. Please contact me personal to make your future reservation. Marie Shealy, Director of Sales.
charlotte, nc
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I recently spent the weekend in Greenville SC and booked a room at this hotel on the fly. It was a great experience. I was pleasantly surprised. The king room was large including a 42 inch flat panel tv. The furniture was very nice and super comfortable bed. The only negative points were the bathroom and the musty of the room. The room smelled a little musty as if it had been shut off for a while- also the bathroom shower wall needed a deep cleaning and some touch up paint.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo