“Great stay in Greenville”

Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd.
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel is clean, super friend staff and serves dinner Monday - Thursday free of charge. The rates are reasonable. The location is great. The staff are always there with a smile and willing to help.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Paige Marae B,
Thanks for letting us know about your recent stay. We are so glad you enjoyed your time here and let everyone here on Tripadvisor know about it, especially our complimentary evening social Monday through Thursday. We are always happy to get feedback from our guests and we are glad to hear you found a smiling and willing to help staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Absolutely awesome place to stay to meet our needs. Rooms were well kept and had everything we really needed to make our 6 day stay comfortable and memorable, including great daily fresh baked cookies. Staff is excellent, especially the kitchen crew...Judy and Vicky get 5 stars for going out of their way to keep us well fed with great breakfasts, sent us out with bottles of cold water each day, and they were so fun to talk to as they shared personal stories with us each day. Front desk people are so helpful, friendly, and professional in all they do, and other employees all seem to engage people in a caring, friendly manner....didn't catch the names of others, but all get high marks! We were a little early in the year to enjoy their outdoor pool, but other activities in the area and nearby family members allowed for us to have a great time. Will definitely stay there again when we return. Only negative comment would be wishing they had beds that were not quite so firm, but they were manageable!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear dahliaduo,

Thanks you for taking the time to tell the Tripadvisor community how much you enjoyed your recent stay! Your interactions with Vicki and Judi are two fine staff members that are always an example of personal communication and professionalism that all our staff aspires to. We do offer many amenities as you mentioned but the staff is truly the heart of the hotel and what really can make the difference between two comparable properties. We are always striving to improve not just our customer service but also our property. We are very excited that starting this summer we will begin upgrading the guest rooms and exterior of the hotel. This will include new mattresses and many other things that guests like yourself have requested. As always we appreciate all the feedback we can get and we will certainly share your comments with the staff here. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The hotel was extremely convenient, clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again and reccommend for both travel and leisure. The room was clean and spacious. The water pressure in the shower was excellent. The workout room was small but the equipment was high quality. There were a lot of restaurants close by and it was right off the 385 and close to the 85 so very convenient to get to everything in the city. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Suzanne S.
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. It is always important to us that every stay is clean and comfortable. Our housekeeping staff works hard to make sure every guest gets the same great experience you had. Our amenities like the pool, fitness room, and evening socials are very convenient, but if there is anything we do not offer here, the front desk staff is always here to help you find what you need. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Greenville!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We pulled in at approximately 10 pm on a trip heading North. Rooms available, competitively priced. Clean room, comfortable bedding. Breakfast was excellent with no complaints. I would stay here again. FYI - Only minutes from shopping.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Richard Q.
We appreciate your letting everyone on the TripAdvisor know about your recent stay with us! There are various reasons for travelers to choose a hotel, and we are very happy you found what you were looking for with us. So many guests tell us that our comfortable beds, a clean room, and a hot breakfast are key to starting their day off right. Many people find being so close to such places as Cabela's, Magnolia Park, Shops at Greenridge, and other shopping centers make us a great place to stay for a shopping trip as well. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you on your next trip to the upstate of South Carolina!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

the hotel was wonderful.. the beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. staff was so hospitable.my favorite part of the stay was the tub with jetts. i would definitely recommend it as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Kamiyah H.
Thank you for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and shared your experience here on TripAdvisor. Whether its a weekend getaway in one of our jacuzzi rooms, or a business trip, our staff is always here to make sure your stay is as clean, pleasant, and comfortable as possible. Delivering these things consistently is why so many people like yourself stay with us regularly and "love it" as well. We hope to see you on your next trip through Greenville!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had orginally written a review for this hotel and gave the "good and the bad". The good was the property is very clean, very comfortable rooms (I loved the huge walk in shower!), check in was a breeze (I was given my preference of room--higher floor, back side of the hotel). The staff was very nice. A good, solid Hampton property.

The "bad" was I was disturbed on a Sunday night at 9 p.m. by extremely loud music coming from the hospitality suite on the main floor (Keep in mind, I was hearing this in my room on the FIFTH floor). After a trip to the front desk and two phone calls to the front desk, I was told that the music would stop by 9:30. It did not.

Because of this, I gave the hotel an average review and mentioned the noise in a survey. Within 10 minutes of submitting the survey, I received a call from Gina, the Assistance General Manager. She had received my survey and saw my original post on Trip Advisor. She expressed concern over my stay and explained where the music was coming from (a church group was using the hospitality suite). Since she didn't consider my staff satisfactory, she offered to refund my money for the entire stay OR issue me a "Be our guest" certificate for a free night at any Hampton property! I was not expecting that when I filled out the survey but certainly appreciated it. Gina has been in contact with me personally since then to let me know the status of my certificate.

This kind of service has changed my mind about staying here again. I know without a doubt, if I have an issue, it will be fixed. You can't beat that!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are more quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gina S, Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear ngwife2,

Thank you for your complimentary words about the Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 Woodruff Rd and our Front Desk team. Thank you also for making us aware of the noise issue you endured during your stay. Guests response to our surveys helps us to know what we are doing well and where we can improve. The 100 % Guest Satisifaction is part of our foundation as a Hampton and we must do our due diligence to make sure every guest is satisfied. When we see that you would stay with us again our job is done! Thank you once again for all your feedback and I hope to see you when you return to Greenville.

Kind regards,
Gina Stevens
Assistant General Manager
Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 Woodruff Road

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Been visiting 3 times since a friends death and have to say the staff makes it enjoyable in time of sadness! Bethany is the best and very helpful. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. See you next month! The homemade daily cookies and the "breakfast to go" bags are the bomb!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear David W,
Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone here on Tripadvisor about your recent stay and time with our staff. Betty is great asset to the property and many guests have come to know her by name and always enjoy seeing her on their visits. Of course the on the go breakfast and evening cookies are also very much enjoyed. We all look forward to seeing you on your next visit!