“Poor quality”

Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd.
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Greenville, United States
“Poor quality”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

People are very nice....especially kitchen team. Asked twice to have toilet fixed and after 4 days it still wasnt. Requested a microwave and frig be put into my room and arrived to find this wasnt done...the last 2 reservations this occurred.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Susan Elizabeth H
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Susan Elizabeth H,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I do apologize that your stay did not meet the high expectations we have for a guest experience. We will use your comments, as well as those you shared with the general manager when she contacted you, to make sure that we are giving the best service we can. At this time the only rooms with refrigerators or microwaves are our studios and studies, but this will soon change as we are currently going through an upgrade that will see all our rooms having them as a standard amenity. For the time being we do have a limited amount of extra fridges that can be put in standard rooms based on availability at check-in, if they are not available we can always keep your items in our house fridge and there is always a microwave available for guest use. We thank you again for letting us know and taking the time to speak with our general manager about your concerns, we hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip here to Greenville.

Hampton Inn Greenville I-85 & I-385 at Woodruff Road

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Deerfield Beach, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel was a very good bargain for the money. It was very quiet, friendly staff, clean rooms and any problems that were brought to the staff were immediately addressed. They tried in every way to compensate us for anything that did not turn out well. We plan on going back up to Greenville soon and will definitely be staying at this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Kathleen S M
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Kathleen S M,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. Our friendly staff is always here to make sure your stay is the best it can be. While we always strive for every guests stay to be perfect sometimes things can pop up, but thank you for bringing those problems to our attention while you were here and giving us a chance to address the issues quickly so you could enjoy your time with us. It was a pleasure having you here and we look forward to your return trip!

Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were greeted warmly at the front desk when we arrived. We had actually tried to stay in Auburn but they were fully booked...to our benefit actually. The staff were able to suggest a restaurant for dinner - Smoke on the Water which was excellent.
Rooms were clean and well appointed. The staff at breakfast were exceptional as well. Constantly refilling and handing out cold bottled water. Close to downtown Greenville.

Green Features: Left towels hanging but they were still changed. Didn't see notices about towel replacement and if they operated a eco policy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank l v
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear I v,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. Whether its a smile at check-in or a warm greeting at breakfast, our friendly staff is always here to make your stay the best it can be. You also commented about our Eco policies, we do have several programs in place with literature in the rooms explaining what we are doing to help the environment and meet our guests needs. Thank you again and we hope to see you next time!

charleston, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Nice hotel , clean room& bathroom, good AC, nice helpful staff, good breakfast and on the go snack bags, 24 h coffee station BUT uncomfortable beds. But still we were happy with our stay( we stayed only one night though!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Myryam G,

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone on TripAdvisor know about your recent stay with us. We value all input that our guests can give us and we will certainly use your comments to better the experience of all our guests. Many guests enjoy our clean rooms, friendly staff, hot breakfast, and our wide range of amenities, much like yourself. We have shared your comments about the beds with the appropriate staff members to see what can be done for future guests. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trips through the area!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed the weekend for a swim meet in the local area. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and was close to many restaurants. The breakfast was very good. Decent gym and a small outdoor pool to cool off. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JetBlueDriver
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear JetBlueDriver,

Thank you for letting the TripAdvisor community know about your recent stay with us! We are so glad you found our facility to be "clean and comfortable" and you were able to find time to enjoy the pool and fitness center during your recent competitions. Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your time with us and we will see you next time your travels bring you through the Greenville area!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family and I arrived here very late in the evening without a reservation and were greeted with a very warm welcome and were quickly accommodated. It was nice to walk in to a fresh and clean smelling room. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank RMK0916
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear RMK0196,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our front desk staff understands that at the end of the long trip, a smile and helpful attitude can make someones day after dealing with all the hustle and bustle of airports, interstates, or just a long day at work. Our housekeeping staff diligently works to make sure that when a guest gets to the room that is to not just to Hampton standards, but to our guests standards, and we thank you for letting us know that your experience with us met those goals. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the upstate!

norcross, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed in the king room with the jacuzzi for the price we paid it was worth every dollar. The frig and microwave were clean, and Oh a pet peev of mine the carpet was actually clean. Meaning I was able to walk barefooted across it without fear.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Christina T
Dear Christina T,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent, although short, stay with us! We are so glad you found the room to your liking and were able to relax and unwind. We will certainly share your encouraging words with out housekeeping staff, as they work hard everyday to make sure guests can have that same level of cleanliness every day and every stay, as you did. We hope to see you soon!