Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Since the last 5 years I stayed in the hotel during my business trip's. The whole hotel area is quite nice with a golf area (I haven't used) and two tennis courts. I really like the two room suites with a living/office room and the bed room. Swimming pool (inside and outside) and Gym are also available. WLAN is available for free but the quality depends on the amount of guests.
Breakfast is in the middle of the hotel hall and looks like a resort with a waterfall etc. The breakfast hasn't changed over the last years but I always enjoyed the typical american style and the coffee is good compared to other hotels.
A bonus is also the Happy-Hour from 17:30-19:30 with free drinks for guests.
It is not far away from Haywood Mall and Woodruff Road with a lot of opportunities for shopping.
The staff is very friendly and in a good mood which is down to the management.
The only thing to mention is that some of the rooms need refurbishment. Often the hotel is booked quite well at the weekends for weddings etc. which makes it not a quite place but for me this never was an issue and often I had good conversations with people I never met before.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Stefan B
Bill G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for being a valued guest for the last 5 years. We want to be your home away from home and your comments about our team and hotel are great to hear!
We are upgrading our internet and I hope you will notice some small changes we have made to our breakfast and Reception on your next stay with us.
We are about to have a rooms refresh and you will see a big difference. If you return before we begin, I will try to upgrade you to one of our model rooms.
We look forward to serving you on your next stay with us!
Bill

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here for my husband to attend some business meetings. The location was great,as I was out to shop and enjoy the area,and the hotel is well located for this. The staff is great;everyone is welcoming and helpful. Yes, the decor is a bit dated,but the rooms are large, and very clean and comfortable. We did ask for a room on the higher floors, which were wonderfully quiet. In the morning, I went out for a walk,and there is plenty of room around the hotel to get in 45 minutes of walking, without getting out onto the road.
There are some nice extras here;wifi,and a computer and printer for guests to use,plus the evening reception; with drinks and light snacks,and the breakfast, with made to order items,like omelettes, included. The prices are great for the many wonderful aspects of this hotel,and we look forward to staying here again, next time we visit Greenville

Room Tip: rooms on higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank joboxer555

Thanks for the great review about our Hotel and our team. We are happy you enjoyed our amenities and your stay. I will share your review with my team at my next staff meeting!
We understand your comment about the rooms and you will be happy to know we are about to begin our room refresh.
I hope you will return to Greenville soon and stay with us again!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Overall my experience was excellent. Felt the room was a little overpriced and the lunch menu was lacking. Was only in town for one night but the trip was enjoyable thanks to embassy suites. I would recommend any staying at the embassy suites as they have accommodations that would include the entire family as well as single or couples

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
4  Thank Charlene J

Thanks you for staying with us and writing a kind review. It was our pleasure to serve you and I hope you will return to Greenville soon. If you return, I hope you get a chance to stay a couple extra days with us and enjoy our hospitality and our wonderful town.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here the Weekend of 5/31 for our son's LAX tournament. For the price, it couldn't be beat. Staff extremely accommodating and very clean. Given the fact that practically everyone staying in the hotel was there for the LAX tournament, there were many boys age 9-15 running around the place. But our kids were some of them (and we expected this). If you were booking that weekend expecting a relaxing stay (you would have been disappointed). We were upset because On Saturday night when we were ready to go to bed, there was a huge band playing outside our window. I called down to the front desk to ask how long it would be going on, and they said until midnight (but we needed to get up at 6:00 am for an early morning game on Sunday) As did the majority of people staying at the hotel. They were very accommodating and moved us to another room on the other side of the hotel where all was silent.

I always prefer to stay at an Embassy Suites if one is in the area given the 1 BR units with small kitchenette, restaurant and bar on premises, pool, and of course the abundant free breakfast and free happy hour. I haven't been disappointed yet.

Room Tip: For a quiet room look for a higher room on the other side away from the outdoor pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Streich3
Bill G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for choosing our Hotel during the LAX tournament. We were happy to serve you and all the teams. I hope your son's team had a lot of success.
I am sorry about the noise from the Wedding by the Outdoor Pool. I am happy that my team offered to move your room, but I apoligize that you had to consider it.
That was a great tip you wrote about the locatation of the room during a Saturday night.
I hope you will return for another visit soon. After you left, we installed an outdoor fire pit that has already become a great addition to our facility.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Thanks for the wonderful stay. Breakfast was superb! Wonderful omelets. Also, enjoyed the happy hour...have some cookies:+)
Yum yum...
Everyone was so nice and very helpful.
Thank you..will stay here, again.

Room Tip: Don't get room by elevators or you'll hear the sound all night long.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank crysweb
Bill G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review abvout your last stay at the Embassy Suites in Greenville. I was pleased to read the review title and that you enjoyed our breakfast and cookies so much. We hope that every guest will enjoy our service and say they will return. It was great to see you felt this way. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was in town for a class reunion, so I booked a "king suite" (in order to get the separate sitting room for visitors). The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, the free breakfast was outstanding, and the location was convenient. What really stood out, though, was the staff service--every issue or request was dealt with promptly and in a way that met or exceeded my expectations. FYI, the facility was great for our reunion--we were outside in the pavilion/patio area, which was the best venue yet for any of our reunions (much better than all the inside venues we'd previously used). The on-site golf course was especially convenient for the golf outing earlier in the day. Is it pricier than other area hotels? Yes, but we negotiated a $50/night discount on the rooms for our room block, which brought it right in line with less-well-appointed facilities.

Room Tip: I was able to get a "premium king suite" for only $20 more than a standard king room--if y...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank bethel95

We are glad you enjoyed your premium king suite and our breakfast during your last visit with us. These are two amenities that separate Embassy Suites for other hotels. My team takes pride on service and problem resolution, so it was great to read your comments about how we did. I will share your words with my team at our next stand up meeting.
I am also glad you enjoyed our Outdoor venue for your Reunion. We were happy to host the event and we hope you will think of us for your next reunion or social event!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stay here on business every time I am in Greenville. The beverage reception is every night from 5:30 -7:30. The ladies working are great. The front desk staff our very polite and ask for Rodney at the desk. He is a tremendous help with reservations. The food is great there and nice amenities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
4  Thank Frank M

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review! Our team is our greatest assest and it was great to see your comments about Rodney and the team. I will pass along your comments about the food to our Chef. He will be pleased you enjoyed your meals.
We were happy you chose to stay with us and we look forward to serving you when you return to Greenville!

Regards,