So if you want to stay on a golf course this may be your only choice. If you want as Hilton family hotel there are few choices in Greenville. There's a Hilton and a bunch of Hamptons but not a lot of options. The Embassy is not too far from the interstate. It's not right off the highway but less than 5 minutes drive.
It's a big resort complex so driving in at night can be a little tricky. Inside it's a typical Embassy with an open center and about 9 floors.
The option for a premium room is not much better. It's on a high floor but the room is exactly the same - just better coffee selections.
The lobby was very loud. In fairness they had a bunch of baseball teams saying there so that may be unusual - or they may host teams a lot. I any case you could hear the lobby noise in the living room on the 9th floor. However, it was quiet in the bedroom. A few key items -
It took a long time to get hot water to the top floor - it got there eventually so just let it run for a while.
The wifi signal was weak on the top floor.
The a/c was excellent - blew very cold air.
The desk area was good - easy to work there.
There is a lot of parking near the front entrance.
The lobby was noisy at 730 am and noisy at midnight. I'm sure there's a time when it isn't noisy but I wasn't awake for it. Again - not an issue when sleeping - but loud if you wanted a place too gather and speak.
Not that the hotel could do anything about it - but there was a rooster outside that crowed nonstop starting at sunrise.
They have a big food area - some Embassy properties are crowded but this one seemed to be able to handle the crowd with no problem. Didn't eat but the breakfast buffet looked good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Greenville, SC, Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center offers all-suite comfort and beautiful surroundings. We're minutes from downtown Greenville, Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport and Clemson University. If you're looking for hotels in Greenville, SC, this South Carolina resort offers a par-72 championship golf course. The Preserve at Verdae surrounds the hotel and is perfect for a friendly game with friends or colleagues.Relax on a luxurious bed in one of 268 suites at this full-service hotel in Greenville, SC, or allow guests to stay on the sofa bed. Prepare a delicious meal or snack using the microwave and refrigerator. Enjoy an invigorating workout in the fitness center, have a relaxing swim in the indoor or outdoor hotel swimming pools, or play a few sets on one of four lighted tennis courts at one of the best resort destinations of all hotels in Greenville, SC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Greenville Golf Resort And Conference Ctr
- Embassy Suites Greenville
- Greenville Embassy Suites