“Home Away from Home”

TownePlace Suites Greenville Haywood Mall
Ranked #33 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here 5 nights for a softball tournament. The entire staff was friendly & helpful - front desk, maintenance & housekeeping. The kitchenettes in the rooms were sufficient for preparing meals. My only advice is to bring nonstick cookware if that's what you're accustomed to using. It was a little tricky for me. The hotel is so close to the mall and several restaurants. I am glad we stayed here.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 22 July 2014

It seemed like the renovations in the lobby were complete when I stayed, as they were taking professional pictures for their website, which was neat to see. I stayed at the TownePlace for 4 nights, and I really could not have stayed anywhere else for the value of the room. It was a queen studio suite – so it was compact but felt efficient. It was nice having the bigger than dorm sized fridge. The bed was comfortable and I loved that I could swivel the television to watch from the desk, couch, or bed. Housekeeping was great, and my room was cleaned every day. I had work at the GUC – but it felt like everything was mere minutes away including downtown, restaurants, grocery stores, and Cleveland Park. I would stay here again without reservation.

The Negatives: (because nothing is perfect) the tub creaked every time I showered – maybe it wasn’t installed properly? Also the windows are not sound proof – so you can hear the goings on at the pool. Luckily management seemed to make sure that was clear by 11.

Room Tip: The people hanging out at the pool could be loud at night - so I would ask for a room away from ther...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ALISON A
Reviewed 10 July 2014

having frequented marriotts, especially for town place, I have grown accustom to what to expect...arriving on sat. night staying till Friday, we have been most satisfied. Though this has a micro eating area, we were able to enjoy the comp breakfast of cereal/bagels, English muffin, other muffins, yogurts, waffle maker- juice, coffee...As I had read a few negative reviews, I had mixed emotions, however it was convenient to shopping, lots of food and apartment hunting for my son. The staff was friendly and gracious, even the paving workers doing a resurface were friendly...clean, quiet, Out door pool was clean....I recommend this property!

Room Tip: out side rooms have no parking lots, so extra quiet...we were on first floor....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Decent place, kinda old looking. Windows were open when we checked in. Freezing in room. Smelled smoky or like someone was trying to hide smoke. Much prefer something closer in town nothing available. Could only stand one night. Too old for me!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rita V, Manager at TownePlace Suites Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Good Afternoon Sir,
We want to apologize for the inconvenicence during your stay. We are taking all the correct steps to avoid this from happening again. Thank you for yuor concerns it helps us to better our hotel.
Again I want to apologize and hope that when your travel brings you back to this area you give us another try.

Assistant General Manager
Towneplace suites
864-675-1670

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Check in was quick and we enjoyed the pool. The bathroom fan sounded like a prop plane getting ready to take off and the bathroom door took quite a bit of work to open and close. The kitchen cabinets were old but I believe they are currently renovating. We could hear the elevators and traffic in and out of them while we were lying in our bed. The breakfast was nice and they had a good selection.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Rita V, Manager at TownePlace Suites Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you so much for your review.We are checking right now on the bathroom fan. We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast.We do apologize for the inconvvenience and hpoe when your travel brings you back this way you give us another chance

Assistant General Manager
Pandora Thompson
Towneplace Suites
75 mall Connector Rd
864-675-1670

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed her one night using Marriott Points to attend concert in Greenville good value and service. Staff was helpful and friendly. I would stay here agin if given the opportunity. The bed was a comfortable as at a JW Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wjameson1
Reviewed 2 June 2014

During my stay at this hotel my family and I were awakened by a group of 6 men talking very loudly and crudely in the parking lot right outside the hotel office. I called the front desk to complain and was informed it would be taken care of. After 20 minutes the group still remained and I called the front desk back and was told he asked them to leave and they would be leaving in 15 minutes; however I was watching out the window the entire time and no one came out of the office to ask the group to leave. I called back and requested hotel security and was informed the front desk clerk was the only hotel employee onsite. It seemed the front desk guy was even scared of the group. I asked him to call the police, which he refused to do. My family felt very unsafe at this point, the front desk guy finally asked them to leave, apparently they were not even staying at the hotel. The group finally left, but several returned 30 minutes later and that's when the car alarms began going off all night. I am very disgusted in the management of this property and Marriott in general for not providing a safe place to stay for guests. I would steer clear of this hotel if you value your life.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff M
Rita V, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Jeff,

I want to first and foremost apologize to you and your family for the experience that you had at the TownePlace Suites. We strive for all of our guest to feel welcomed, safe and to enjoy their stay and this did not accure for you and for that I do apologize. The persons that were out in the parking lot were a group visiting a guest at the property, but with the distrbances that accure they should have been asked that at time to leave. I am unsure as to why the ball was dropped, but it will not happen again. The manager was called and as soon as she spoke with the guest and stated what was accuring outside they told their guest to leave. I know it was unsettling to you and your family, but as long as I have worked at this property I have never felt unsafe and neither should any of our guest. I would ask that you would allow me to make up for the experience that you had. Again, I do apologize and have a great day.

Maryanne Anderson