“Met my expectations..”

Ranked #31 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Columbia, South Carolina
“Met my expectations..”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

If you are just passing through and need a place to sleep for the night, this place will do. I wouldn't stay here if I was spending a lot of time in Greenville, but everything was satisfactory for the 12 hours I was in town.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I have stayed at this property a couple times in the past and was always satisfied. Not this time!! It has really gone downhill. The bathroom ceiling was peeling, and the shower door was hard to close and leaked. When parking gets scarce, there is usually a side door you can enter through by using your room key. It didn't work when I tried it and when when I asked they said it had been broken for a while. It would take about 10 seconds to put up a sign!!! In addition, my key card did not work when I tried to get in--I eventually found out that she had keyed it for someone elses room! And when I finally got i the room, the pillows were naked. After that, my key card NEVER worked. I had to go down to the desk 4 times throughout the stay to get it rekeyed. Of course, the woman at the desk who has never heard of the term "customer service" decided it would be a good idea to say that the only way the card would need to be rekeyed so many times was because due to MY negligence. I have never had that much trouble with a key card before. On the positive side, the housekeeping staff was friendly and accommodating, and the location was perfect for the conference I was attending at the TD Convention Center.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I definitely recommend staying here,great service and great nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thanks for the great review we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Greenville. Jeanne.
California
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I would say this is one of your basic Sleep Inns in the Choice Hotel chain. Nothing special, basic Sleep Inn configuration with the old furniture style and bedding. Comfortable night's sleep and shower was good. Breakfast average with same carb overload as other Choice properties.

However, the Housekeeping staff needs some work. Carpet was a bit stained, dust in vents of bathroom, found hairs on our pillows, but the front desk was glad to give me new pillow cases.

The manager and front desk staff at this hotel are very nice and accommodating. I would stay again if I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Choice-MemberDiamond
North Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Our stay was moderate and the room was clean with a comfortable bed. We would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LADYMOVER40
KCDAYSINN, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Thank you for the good review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit from Asheville. We have new flat screen televisions waiting for you...
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Great place to stay, reasonable rates, warm reception by staff. I like the large walk-in showers offered by Sleep Inn. Breakfast was good, hot cookies at night. Best place to stay if you are attending an event at the Carolina First Center.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank soubelle1006
orange park
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I was in town for a 3 day dog show at the Carolina First Center. On the last morning of my stay in Greenville, I took some items to my car (around 6:45 am). When I returned to my room, I could not open the door. The key card was working but the door handle was not. My 7 month old puppy was in the room alone. I reported the problem to the front desk. They told me anyone who could help was at least an hour away. The maintenance man arrived about 70 mins later & tried to open the door with a drill which didn't work. He finally took the flat end of a hand ax to the door handle, broke it off & opened the door at 9:25 am. I was due to show my dog in the dog show at 9:30 am, which I missed. I paid $20 for that entry & missed my show time. When I asked for compensation for this very upsetting and frustrating problem, I was told the manager would take $25 off of my last night stay. I told them this was unacceptable. This was not a cheap motel. I paid an average of $62.99/night. I was told I could call the manager on Monday (she was out of town) if I wanted to discuss the issue further. I feel a quality manager would have been on the phone calling me to apologize. I never heard from her. The last comment the person at the front desk made to me was that since they had to destroy the handle to get me in the room, they would have to pay to have someone stay at another motel since the room could not be used, but they were willing to do that for me. Like they were doing me a favor!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Goldens3
escatology, Manager at Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 August 2010
I'm concerned about the problems that you experienced on your recent stay with us. Our door locks are designed for the security of our guests and their belongings, unfortunately, this does cause some delays when a problem does arise. The clerk that was on duty that day did call me to notify me of the situation and to ask for my input. Being a pet owner myself my first concern was for the safety of your dog, who is a valued member of your family. We (the clerk and I) had discussed breaking a window to gain access to the room, but we both recognized potential harm to your dog from flying glass shards and therefore dismissed this option. We discussed the possibility that the connecting door could be used to gain access, but because there is no knob between the doors and the door frame is made to prevent an unauthorized entrance into the room, that was not an option. The only recourse that was left to us was to call the maintenance man in to have him gain access to your room by whatever means possible.

Please accept my sincere apology in addition to the rate reduction of $46.99 off the third night, that was given to you at the time of check out.